Android Software Engineer - Mobile
CapTech is an award-winning national management technology-consulting firm with an enterprising, entrepreneurial environment. We have achieved four straight years ranked in the Top 10 of Consulting Magazine’s Best Firms to Work For, including a #5 ranking overall in 2015. Additionally, we placed 28th within the Vault Consulting 50 for the second year in a row, including a #5 ranking in work/life balance.
At CapTech you’ll experience a flat organizational structure with access to constant learning -- where your career path isn’t set in stone, and you have unlimited potential for growth. CapTech is based upon a culture of mutual respect. We look for, and hire the best. The creatively innovative, the technically insightful, the driven, the self-managed, the value conscious, the caring, and the gracious person – these are all qualities that we look for along with a love and a passion for the work that we do.
Android Software Engineers at CapTech are part of an intelligent, highly motivated community who strive to continuously learn the latest tools and architectures to deliver innovative solutions for our clients. They are involved in the design, development and delivery of innovative mobile solutions in partnership with a variety of Fortune 500 clients. CapTech’s software engineers enjoy a highly collaborative environment and have many opportunities to learn from and share knowledge with other CapTech consultants, architects, and our clients.
Specific responsibilities for the Android Software Engineer position include:
- Understand the challenges being addressed by an engagement and collaborate with team members, clients, and stakeholders to deliver a valuable technical solution.
- Design, develop, unit test, and deploy Android based solutions from the ground up using common standards and frameworks.
- Implement best practices for developing Android applications that target multiple devices and platform versions.
- Provide technical mentoring and leadership to more junior resources.
Specific qualifications for the Android Software Engineer position include:
- Demonstrated progression and growth as an Android Software Engineer through past career experiences with enterprise clients.
- Experience with profiling, tuning, and optimizing Java application.
- Experience using RESTful APIs to integrate mobile applications to server side systems.
- Knowledge of Android development IDEs including Android Studio or Eclipse.
- Working knowledge of the general mobile landscape, architectures, trends, and emerging technologies.
- High proficiency with development tools and workflows (modern source control systems, unit testing, continuous workflow, etc.
We offer challenging and impactful jobs with professional career paths. All CapTechers can keep their hands on technology no matter what position they hold. Our employees find their work exciting and rewarding in a culture filled with opportunities to have fun along the way.
At CapTech we offer a competitive and comprehensive benefits package including, but not limited to:
- Competitive salary with performance based bonus opportunities
- Single and Family Health Insurance plans, including Dental coverage
- Short-Term and Long-Term disability
- Matching 401(k)
- Competitive Paid Time Off
- Training and Certification opportunities eligible for expense reimbursement
- Team building and social activities
- Mentor program to help you develop your career
At this time, CapTech cannot transfer nor sponsor a work visa for this position. Applicants must be authorized to work directly for any employer in the United States without visa sponsorship.
Candidates must be eligible to work in the U.S. for any employer directly (we are not open to contract or “corp to corp” agreements).
CapTech is an equal opportunity employer.
CapTech is a Drug-Free work place.
Candidates must have the ability to work at CapTech’s client locations.
All positions include the possibility of travel.
CapTech has not contracted/does not contract with any outside vendors in its recruitment process. If you are interested in this position, please apply to CapTech directly.
Meet Some of CapTech's Employees
Manager & Solutions Architect
As a Manager and Solutions Architect at CapTech, Owen is responsible for designing and establishing software solutions for clients.
Back to top