Wikibuy Sr. Software Engineer
3711 S Mopac Expy (31003), United States of America, Austin, Texas
At Capital One, we're building a leading information-based technology company. Still founder-led by Chairman and Chief Executive Officer Richard Fairbank, Capital One is on a mission to help our customers succeed by bringing ingenuity, simplicity, and humanity to banking. We measure our efforts by the success our customers enjoy and the advocacy they exhibit. We are succeeding because they are succeeding.
Guided by our shared values, we thrive in an environment where collaboration and openness are valued. We believe that innovation is powered by perspective and that teamwork and respect for each other lead to superior results. We elevate each other and obsess about doing the right thing. Our associates serve with humility and a deep respect for their responsibility in helping our customers achieve their goals and realize their dreams. Together, we are on a quest to change banking for good.
Wikibuy Sr. Software Engineer
Within Capital One, the Wikibuy (https://wikibuy.com/) team is working on a new consumer product that seeks to change the way people buy things online. We believe that no matter where you shop, it should be easy to buy things at the best price.
We are a fast-paced, get-stuff-done team solving a difficult problem in a unique way. We're focused on scaling our products to millions of customers and refining the experience to create a product that customers and partners can't live without.
Our office in Austin is located at 3711 South Mopac Expressway.
Who are you?
- You are an experienced backend software developer who enjoys both leading projects and being an individual contributor / technical expert
- You prefer an intense, energetic environment and working with passionate, top-notch people
- You execute well with a high degree of individual ownership, but are also adept working as part of a team
- You are comfortable balancing the competing demands of rapid iteration and system reliability, scalability, and performance
- You love working in a data-driven and customer-first environment
- You're on top of new developments in the open source community
- Lead technical design and delivery of complex applications across multiple systems
- Architect, deploy and support performant production software on cloud server infrastructure
- Collaborate with product managers and front end developers to prioritize and plan initiatives
- Lead development of tools and systems to enable other internal customers
- Provide oversight and mentorship to junior engineers on software engineering techniques and technology
Technologies we use
Node.js, Python, Cassandra, Postgres, Elasticsearch, RabbitMQ, AWS, Docker, Marathon, Mesos, Jenkins, Datadog, Kibana
- Bachelor's degree
- At least 5 years of experience in Software Engineering
- At least 2 years of experience with Java, Node.js, or Go
- At least 2 year experience with relational and non-relational databases.
- 6+ years of software development experience
- Experience with modern relational databases like Postgres, MySQL, and Redshift
- Experience with deploying clustered web services
- Experience with distributed technologies such as Cassandra and Elastic Search
- Experience using modern build and deployment tools such as Jenkins, Docker, etc.
At this time, Capital One will not sponsor a new applicant for employment authorization for this position.
Back to top