Wealth Manager - United Income
Wash DC-Capitol Hill (19784), United States of America, Washington, District of Columbia
At Capital One, we're building a leading information-based technology company. Still founder-led by Chairman and Chief Executive Officer Richard Fairbank, Capital One is on a mission to help our customers succeed by bringing ingenuity, simplicity, and humanity to banking. We measure our efforts by the success our customers enjoy and the advocacy they exhibit. We are succeeding because they are succeeding.
Guided by our shared values, we thrive in an environment where collaboration and openness are valued. We believe that innovation is powered by perspective and that teamwork and respect for each other lead to superior results. We elevate each other and obsess about doing the right thing. Our associates serve with humility and a deep respect for their responsibility in helping our customers achieve their goals and realize their dreams. Together, we are on a quest to change banking for good.
Wealth Manager - United Income
About This FinTech Company:
United Income is a financial technology company, headquartered in Washington, DC, that was recently acquired by Capital One. We combine the latest technology with time-tested wisdom to better understand the interconnectedness of our financial lives, allowing us to lower client's taxes, boost retirement benefits, and improve the quality of investment management.
As of May 2019, we have over $780 million of assets under management, 99 percent client retention, and 88 percent of clients have had their fees reduced (since our technology lowers our operating costs, which we share with our clients). We've attracted over 200 media stories about the company's wealth-building innovations and thought leadership, including a Forbes article that said we have "an all-star team." We are united in our mission to use new technology to increase the financial potential of our customers in ways that have not been possible in the past.
That's where you come in. We want the best and the brightest. Work is more fun when you know that you're surrounded by people who are as dedicated as you are.
Our goals are simple:
Create the best financial planning and money management solution in the world;
Create a culture that is ambitious, fun, smart, and attracts and retains the best talent in each of our major areas of business;
Meaningfully and measurably improve the financial lives of aging households.
Interest piqued? Read on.
- Serve as relationship manager for assigned client base
- Work with Retiring Wealth Managers to transition the client relationships to the United Income team, serving as the primary new point of contact
- Retain greater than 90% of AUM assigned through the lifecycle of the relationship transfer
- Provide proactive investment and planning advice with support of United Income experts
- Provide proactive concierge services to clients with the support of United Income experts
- Utilize United Income's CRM for client management and internal reporting
- Lead annual, semi-annual, or quarterly client planning reviews
- Create multiple touchpoints (phone, e-mail, birthdays, in-person meetings) for clients in transition, or clients successfully transitioned, to ensure high client satisfaction
- Travel when necessary to client's location (25% travel anticipated during integration stage)
- Prepare for and meet with clients for the purpose of transitioning such clients to the United Income platform
- Complete United Income's training program to become an expert in United Income's planning approach, investment strategy, and service methodology
- Expertly communicate and advocate United Income's methodology and investment philosophy to clients
- Assist product team in developing additional financial planning methodologies based on client and your professional feedback
- Develop technical knowledge and ability to complete all United Income/Apex transfer or recurring paperwork and service items, and work collaboratively with service team to divide these tasks as necessary
- Build and refine financial plans with the support of the Wealth Management Associate teams
- Schedule client meetings with the support of the United Income software
- Bachelor's Degree
- 5+ years experience
- Series 65 or Series 7
- CFP (Certified Financial Planner) preferred (or seek to obtain within 2 years)
- CFA (Chartered Financial Analyst)
- 5 years work experience in Wealth Management, Investment Banking, Investment Management, or Financial Advising
- Client Management Experience
- Expert, current knowledge of investment products and services
- Team Oriented
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, with focus on presentation skills
- High attention to detail
- Creative mind with ability to suggest improvements
- Strong organizational planning skills
- Salesforce experience preferred
- Up to 25% Travel (sometimes higher during integration of new acquisitions)
At this time, Capital One will not sponsor a new applicant for employment authorization for this position.
Back to top