Visual Designer, People UX (User Experience) Marketing
West Creek 7 (12077), United States of America, Richmond, Virginia
At Capital One, we're building a leading information-based technology company. Still founder-led by Chairman and Chief Executive Officer Richard Fairbank, Capital One is on a mission to help our customers succeed by bringing ingenuity, simplicity, and humanity to banking. We measure our efforts by the success our customers enjoy and the advocacy they exhibit. We are succeeding because they are succeeding.
Guided by our shared values, we thrive in an environment where collaboration and openness are valued. We believe that innovation is powered by perspective and that teamwork and respect for each other lead to superior results. We elevate each other and obsess about doing the right thing. Our associates serve with humility and a deep respect for their responsibility in helping our customers achieve their goals and realize their dreams. Together, we are on a quest to change banking for good.
Visual Designer, People UX (User Experience) Marketing
At Capital One, we dare to dream, disrupt and deliver a better way. Our goal is clear – bring ingenuity, simplicity, and humanity to an industry ripe for change. Capital One is a founder-led company that is changing banking for good. For more than two decades, we've built a talent model, technology foundation, and business strategy that leverage information and analytics to make smarter decisions, manage risk, and help our customers succeed. This is an extraordinary time at Capital One. Together, we are building one of America's leading information-based technology companies.
Our relentless focus and drive to create better experiences for our customers starts with how we lead our teams and inspire our associates. We are a passionate and entrepreneurial team with heart that embraces bold ideas, fosters collaboration, challenges the status quo and inspires personal growth as we advance our unique professional careers.
Our ideal teammate is:
- Inspired to be a transformational change agent
- Obsessed with creating an inviting, integrated and engaging experience for our associates
- A storyteller who uses his/ her communications strength to inspire and move others
- Hungry to learn about cutting-edge marketing approaches and technology and challenges us to try new approaches and technologies
- Someone who thrives in a high energy, fast-paced environment
- An active consumer of digital media and emerging technology
- A detail-oriented editor who can apply big picture thinking to local execution
- A positive, solutions-oriented problem solver
- A caring teammate, partner and collaborator
- Excited to work with smart, cool team who share diverse perspectives and opinions and expect you to chime in with differing opinions and ideas.
- Can listen very well and help the team discern information from helpful insights
On the People UX Marketing team, you will design experiences for our associates, experiences that are simple and yet highly effective, focus from beginning to end, and leave our associates with a "wow, that was easy" impression.
As a Visual Designer, Principal Associate, on this team you:
- Are a great visual problem solver who can take complex concepts and communicate them in a simple, elegant and accessible manner.
- Use your grasp of composition, layout, typography and information hierarchy to communicate across a variety of screen sizes.
- Can take whiteboard ideas to low-fidelity prototypes all the way to the end experience that the associate will engage with.
- Have worked within a branded identity system and successfully extended the system.
- Have a solid grasp of human-centered design and can speak to and help a team balance human needs, business goals, and tech
- Have a diverse portfolio that demonstrates your ability to work across channels and different experience needs (e.g,. experience design, service design, channel design)
- Can translate ideas into engaging illustrations that inform viewers
- Bachelor's Degree or military experience
- At least 3 years of experience in design strategy or UX design or communication design or industrial design or a combination
- Experience with a digital product & services company
- Cultural intelligence – exposure or openness to different cultures and perspectives
- Passion for helping people and designing awesome tools and experiences for many different audiences
At this time, Capital One will not sponsor a new applicant for employment authorization for this position.
No agencies please. Capital One is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, color, age, national origin, religion, physical and mental disability, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity/assignment, citizenship, pregnancy or maternity, protected veteran status, or any other status prohibited by applicable national, federal, state or local law. Capital One promotes a drug-free workplace. Capital One will consider for employment qualified applicants with a criminal history in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable laws regarding criminal background inquiries, including, to the extent applicable, Article 23-A of the New York Correction Law; San Francisco, California Police Code Article 49, Sections 4901-4920; New York City's Fair Chance Act; Philadelphia's Fair Criminal Records Screening Act; and other applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations regarding criminal background inquiries.
If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation, please contact Capital One Recruiting at 1-800-304-9102 or via email at
Meet Some of Capital One's Employees
Head Of Design
Ryan and his team of designers and developers work at The Shop, a combined technology workshop and retail hub, to create meaningful financial products and services.
Back to top