McLean 2 (19052), United States of America, McLean, Virginia
At Capital One, we're building a leading information-based technology company. Still founder-led by Chairman and Chief Executive Officer Richard Fairbank, Capital One is on a mission to help our customers succeed by bringing ingenuity, simplicity, and humanity to banking. We measure our efforts by the success our customers enjoy and the advocacy they exhibit. We are succeeding because they are succeeding.
Guided by our shared values, we thrive in an environment where collaboration and openness are valued. We believe that innovation is powered by perspective and that teamwork and respect for each other lead to superior results. We elevate each other and obsess about doing the right thing. Our associates serve with humility and a deep respect for their responsibility in helping our customers achieve their goals and realize their dreams. Together, we are on a quest to change banking for good.
We're the Small Business Card Design team. We focus on empowering small business owners to make the best decisions with the money they entrust to us. We are looking for a User Experience Researcher to assist in the creation, moderation and analysis of user research for design teams in the financial services arm of our digital organization.
The User Experience Researcher's responsibilities include assistance in creating experiential research designs, collection of data for analysis, coding video for analysis, moderating empathy sessions, and running remote un-moderated studies. Due to the nature of financial services, the research work will likely involve a blend of both qualitative and quantitative research and analysis skills. You will work to improve the usability, usefulness, and desirability of our tools in collaboration with Designers, Design Strategists, Design Content Specialists, Product Managers, Software Developers, and other Stakeholders.
- Conduct empathy interviews, quantitative and qualitative user testing and analysis
- Keep an overview of all relevant content necessary for usability tasks and organize a library of user research templates and patterns for use by the group and others
- Help the team to standardize its approach to empathy interviews, benchmark analysis, and usability testing and facilitate communication with design and product teams
- Utilize user observations to assist with the creation of requirements, customer personas, customer stories and use cases.
- Conduct usability testing and analysis of results
- Actively monitor and analyze research, data, and trends from internal sources, academic research, and industry published reports to inform and improve our research methods
- Effectively and intelligently influence the iteration of designs by pinpointing key data points from testing, reviews, etc.
- Present and communicate research and analysis clearly and effectively across various organizations in any format required. Able to sell, support, explain, and simply present usability approach and research to various audience types from sophisticated design experts to non-designers
- Leverage analytics tools and techniques to measure success, present opportunities, and support decision-making and prioritization
- Maintain usability templates and guidelines, best practices, research documentation and raw data that facilitate a growing research team's work
- Ability to present complex qualitative and quantitative data to diverse audiences in an understandable format
- Excellent problem-solving skills with ability to analyze situations, identify existing or potential problems and recommend solutions
- Familiarity and promotion with Design Thinking and Lean Startup
- Experience with agile usability and agile methodologies a plus
- Bachelor's Degree or military experience
- At least 3 years of usability testing or user experience research within a lab environment
- Master's degree
- 4+ years of usability testing and user experience research within a lab environment
- 2+ years of experience with Human Computer Interaction
- 2+ years of experience with Human Factors
At this time, Capital One will not sponsor a new applicant for employment authorization for this position.
Back to top