UX Product Designer Manager
114 5th Ave (22114), United States of America, New York, New York
At Capital One, we're building a leading information-based technology company. Still founder-led by Chairman and Chief Executive Officer Richard Fairbank, Capital One is on a mission to help our customers succeed by bringing ingenuity, simplicity, and humanity to banking. We measure our efforts by the success our customers enjoy and the advocacy they exhibit. We are succeeding because they are succeeding.
Guided by our shared values, we thrive in an environment where collaboration and openness are valued. We believe that innovation is powered by perspective and that teamwork and respect for each other lead to superior results. We elevate each other and obsess about doing the right thing. Our associates serve with humility and a deep respect for their responsibility in helping our customers achieve their goals and realize their dreams. Together, we are on a quest to change banking for good.
UX Product Designer Manager
UX Product Designer Managers at Capital One have a passion for solving complex problems. They are human-centered in their approach to design and feel comfortable advocating for user needs. They are curious and demonstrate a passion for learning. They are capable of generating ideas and prototyping concepts anchored in research insights, subject knowledge, technology requirements, and business goals. They have an exuberant passion for the power of strategic design and an "anything is possible" mindset. They take pride in their work and yet they have a humble approach. They are able to drive human-centered design in an Agile environment, and contribute as a designer from end-to-end on projects, which means they are comfortable as researcher, data scientist, strategist, and designer. They employ design thinking methods to uncover insights that help inform design decisions. They are excellent communicators and feel comfortable presenting their design decisions in front of colleagues and stakeholders. They are consummate networkers, clear communicators and comfortable leading groups of all sizes in the discovery, design and development of seamless, end-to-end experiences.
As a Product Design Lead for New Customer Experiences, you will play a pivotal role in shaping and improving the customer's experience. From exploration of products and services to committing to start a relationship, you will empower our customers—across physical and digital channels—to get the most out of their banking experience.
As part of our growing One Design Team, you'll have access to all of the terrific resources and people that make up this awesome organization.
As a Lead Product Designer, Manager, on this team you will:
- Lead your team in delivering world-class products that will redefine our customers' day-to-day experience and relationship with Capital One.
- Build empathy and be a customer advocate in our product development process.
- Research unmet customer needs to solve for existing problems or explore and develop entirely new business opportunities.
- Use customer-driven insights and Agile methodologies to deliver elegant and delightful customer experiences
- Collaborate with and lead the efforts of business analysts, product managers, researchers, developers and design teams on research activities, strategy sessions, ideation, design, and testing of new product concepts
- Translate user needs, style guides, and requirements into elegant solutions for complex problems.
- Develop frameworks, portfolio/product prioritization, roadmaps, etc. that help drive strategic consideration of the desired customer experience
- Visualize complex sets of data in ways that are easy to comprehend.
- Use visual and tangible storytelling tools to share your discoveries, influence stakeholders, and create energy around an idea or an initiative
- Leverage analytics tools to measure success, present opportunities, and support decision-making.
- Lead workshops to facilitate co-creation, alignment, and understanding.
- Be a leader and mentor; you'll challenge, grow, and mentor designers and contribute to fostering a collaborative team spirit.
What you bring:
- Strong portfolio of UX/UI design work that demonstrates experience working on projects from empathy to iteration
- Strong storytelling capabilities; an ability to weave key insights into a compelling narrative
- Experience creating prototypes at various levels of fidelity to articulate and test user flows, UI design, and/or UI animation using modern tools (e.g., InVision, Flinto, Pixate, UXPin,Keynote, etc).
- Understanding that good design balances user, business, and technical feasibility needs
- Experience using design to drive business intent and outcomes
- Use design to communicate complex concepts simply and always strive to make things tangible, whether they're conversations, frameworks, or ideas
- Excellent problem-solving and relationship management skills
- Are adept at facilitating alignment across different perspectives
- Knowledge of the latest technology trends and are up for the challenge of bringing new technologies to a conservative industry
- Interest in service design with experience using service design methods
- Bachelor's Degree or military experience
- At least 7 years of experience in Design Strategy, UX design, or Industrial design
- At least 3 years of experience leading teams
- Master's Degree in Design
- 8+ years of experience in design strategy, UX design, communication design, or industrial design
- 3+ years of experience leading teams
- Experience working in a highly regulated industry
- Experience with a digital product & services company
- Experience with ecommerce design
At this time, Capital One will not sponsor a new applicant for employment authorization for this position.
No agencies please. Capital One is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, color, age, national origin, religion, physical and mental disability, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity/assignment, citizenship, pregnancy or maternity, protected veteran status, or any other status prohibited by applicable national, federal, state or local law. Capital One promotes a drug-free workplace. Capital One will consider for employment qualified applicants with a criminal history in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable laws regarding criminal background inquiries, including, to the extent applicable, Article 23-A of the New York Correction Law; San Francisco, California Police Code Article 49, Sections 4901-4920; New York City's Fair Chance Act; Philadelphia's Fair Criminal Records Screening Act; and other applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations regarding criminal background inquiries.
If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation, please contact Capital One Recruiting at 1-800-304-9102 or via email at
Meet Some of Capital One's Employees
Head Of Design
Ryan and his team of designers and developers work at The Shop, a combined technology workshop and retail hub, to create meaningful financial products and services.
Back to top