UX Product Designer, Consumer Bank Design
1750 Tysons (12023), United States of America, McLean, Virginia
At Capital One, we're building a leading information-based technology company. Still founder-led by Chairman and Chief Executive Officer Richard Fairbank, Capital One is on a mission to help our customers succeed by bringing ingenuity, simplicity, and humanity to banking. We measure our efforts by the success our customers enjoy and the advocacy they exhibit. We are succeeding because they are succeeding.
Guided by our shared values, we thrive in an environment where collaboration and openness are valued. We believe that innovation is powered by perspective and that teamwork and respect for each other lead to superior results. We elevate each other and obsess about doing the right thing. Our associates serve with humility and a deep respect for their responsibility in helping our customers achieve their goals and realize their dreams. Together, we are on a quest to change banking for good.
UX Product Designer, Consumer Bank Design
At Capital One, we're building a leading information-based technology company. Guided by our shared values, we thrive in an environment where collaboration and openness are valued. We believe that innovation is powered by perspective and that teamwork and respect for each other lead to superior results. We elevate each other and obsess about doing the right thing. Our ambassadors serve with humility and a deep respect for their responsibility in helping our customers achieve their goals and realize their dreams.
What We Are Doing:
Our Market Experience design team in Consumer Bank is developing an app to support our branch and Café associates' conversations with customers. The app provides tools that help associates understand and empathize with our customers, in addition to being a functional hub for banking needs. We are trying to create better ways for associates to have more meaningful conversations and interactions with their customers.
Who Are You:
- A master craftsperson. You pride yourself in confidently driving projects from strategy through execution. You are capable of generating ideas and prototyping concepts that are anchored in research insights, subject knowledge, technology requirements, and business goals. You employ design thinking methods to uncover insights that help inform design decisions. You've got a whole arsenal of tools and techniques at your disposal that you dispatch appropriately depending on the ambassador, customer, and business needs.
- Collaborative. You enjoy collaborating with product, engineers, stakeholders and design teams on research activities, strategy, ideation, design, and testing of new product concepts. You display a positive attitude and are a team player who puts the interest of the team above your own.
- A systems thinker. You think larger than just the work at hand and intuitively think at the ecosystem level. You often think about scalability and adaptability across products and platforms.
- A storyteller. You're able to develop clear and persuasive stories about your work that you share with a wide range of audiences, including business partners and stakeholders. You're able to synthesize and present research findings, design concepts to designers and product partners.
- Have a can-do attitude. You're a proactive team player who is eager and excited about producing awesome work. No task is too small or large for you. You are able to work alone or with partners to problem solve and develop clear action into execution plans for a task. You take pride in your work and yet have a humble approach.
- Passionate. You are genuinely interested in what you do. You are curious and demonstrate a passion for learning. You make it your business to know as much as you can about the people you are delivering for and advocate for their needs within the business.
- A Customer Advocate. Build empathy and be an advocate for our customers through participation in human-centered research and design. You are human-centered in your approach to design and feel comfortable advocating for user needs.
- A successful juggler. You don't get overwhelmed or flustered easily. You're able to keep track of multi-projects at once, manage your time efficiently and appropriately communicate scheduling with the broader team.
What You'll Bring:
- You are experienced at the end-to-end design process, transforming customer insights and business goals, from strategy to shipped product as well as post launch monitoring, enhancements, and iteration.
- You'll be working with designers, strategists, developers, product managers, stakeholders, researchers, and business analysts to help craft the next generation of tools that help our team deliver incredible experiences to every customer.
- You will help design end-to-end digital experiences that helps branch and café ambassadors to deliver value, personalized experience and provide in-depth guidance during in-person customer interactions in retail footprint (i.e. our cafes and branches).
- Rethinking common customer challenges in banking and business.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience
- At least 6 years of experience as a user experience designer or as a product designer.
- At least 4 years experience with standard digital design tools (e.g. Sketch, Adobe Illustrator, Adobe Photoshop, Principle, Invision)
- At least 3 years of experience design prototyping
- At least 2 years of experience performing user testing
- A solid portfolio of successful past projects
- Experience designing apps
- A solid grasp of user-centered design and testing methodologies
- Knowledge of user interface design
- Demonstrated experience of Design Thinking methodology
At this time, Capital One will not sponsor a new applicant for employment authorization for this position.
Back to top