User Research Manager
Towers Crescent (12066), United States of America, Vienna, Virginia
At Capital One, we're building a leading information-based technology company. Still founder-led by Chairman and Chief Executive Officer Richard Fairbank, Capital One is on a mission to help our customers succeed by bringing ingenuity, simplicity, and humanity to banking. We measure our efforts by the success our customers enjoy and the advocacy they exhibit. We are succeeding because they are succeeding.
Guided by our shared values, we thrive in an environment where collaboration and openness are valued. We believe that innovation is powered by perspective and that teamwork and respect for each other lead to superior results. We elevate each other and obsess about doing the right thing. Our associates serve with humility and a deep respect for their responsibility in helping our customers achieve their goals and realize their dreams. Together, we are on a quest to change banking for good.
User Research Manager
Capital One Commercial Banking is at the forefront of digital innovation and human-centered design, and we are changing the landscape of b2b financial services. As part of our digital transformation, we seek to fully engage our clients in designing great products and build a continuous learning organization that integrates research, experimentation and measurement. We are looking for a User Research Manager to partner with our Commercial Card product teams, helping define, plan and execute a wide range of discovery and validation activities.
What you'll do:
- Work with product and design leadership to develop and prioritize a backlog of new product and feature ideas
- Help define hypotheses and experiments that will produce validated learning
- Advise and plan appropriate discovery and validation activities, such as design sprints, customer empathy interviews, collaborative design sessions and usability testing
- Coordinate with multiple stakeholders to build internal SME and client advisory and testing panels
- Assist User Experience Designers and Product Managers in planning, scheduling, and coordinating research activities
- Manage timelines and ensure logistical requirements have been met
- Assist in logistics and planning for client interviews and meetings
- Partner with recruiting vendors to define recruiting criteria, manage progress on recruitment/scheduling, and ensure screening criteria have been met
- Assist in knowledge management and socialization of learnings
What you bring:
- Driven to improve current procedures and make team more efficient in research prioritization and execution
- Deep understanding of design thinking and Lean UX principles and practices
- Hands on experience conducting user research and usability testing
- Experience with qualitative and quantitative research methods
- Experience working in an Agile environment
- Collaboration skills
- Facilitation skills
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Experience coordinating projects and timelines
- Ability to think quickly, resolve problems, and multi-task
- Bachelor's degree or military experience
- At least 2 years of user research experience
- 2 years of hands-on UX design experience
- 3 years of project coordination experience
- 2 years of experience working with vendors
- 2 years of experience working in a usability lab
- 2 years of experience designing product experiments
- 2 years experience in financial services
At this time, Capital One will not sponsor a new applicant for employment authorization for this position.
No agencies please. Capital One is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, color, age, national origin, religion, physical and mental disability, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity/assignment, citizenship, pregnancy or maternity, protected veteran status, or any other status prohibited by applicable national, federal, state or local law. Capital One promotes a drug-free workplace. Capital One will consider for employment qualified applicants with a criminal history in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable laws regarding criminal background inquiries, including, to the extent applicable, Article 23-A of the New York Correction Law; San Francisco, California Police Code Article 49, Sections 4901-4920; New York City's Fair Chance Act; Philadelphia's Fair Criminal Records Screening Act; and other applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations regarding criminal background inquiries.
If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation, please contact Capital One Recruiting at 1-800-304-9102 or via email at
Meet Some of Capital One's Employees
Head Of Design
Ryan and his team of designers and developers work at The Shop, a combined technology workshop and retail hub, to create meaningful financial products and services.
Back to top