Unit Manager - Payment Investigations
Knolls 3 (12038), United States of America, Glen Allen, Virginia
At Capital One, we're building a leading information-based technology company. Still founder-led by Chairman and Chief Executive Officer Richard Fairbank, Capital One is on a mission to help our customers succeed by bringing ingenuity, simplicity, and humanity to banking. We measure our efforts by the success our customers enjoy and the advocacy they exhibit. We are succeeding because they are succeeding.
Guided by our shared values, we thrive in an environment where collaboration and openness are valued. We believe that innovation is powered by perspective and that teamwork and respect for each other lead to superior results. We elevate each other and obsess about doing the right thing. Our associates serve with humility and a deep respect for their responsibility in helping our customers achieve their goals and realize their dreams. Together, we are on a quest to change banking for good.
Unit Manager - Payment Investigations
In Specialty Operations, we foster a community of Teamwork and Collaboration to reach our common goal:Delivering an amazing experience for our customers and partners alike!We are seeking a highly-motivated person to join our team as a Unit Manager within our Payment Investigations team.The Payments Investigations team investigates and resolves payment issues and errors for our customers through a mixture of research, investigation, and partnership with both 3rd party vendors and partner banking institutions.
The Payments Investigation team operates Monday-Saturday.Hiring for a schedule that would be primarily Tuesday-Saturday. The ability to work Monday-Saturday could occasionally be required.
The ideal candidate will demonstrate a commitment to "own" the concerns of our customers and deliver daily on a team effort to make the complex feel effortless.This role will lead a dynamic team of front line associates who are the face of Capital One for our customers.Creating excitement and maintaining elevated levels of morale through change are essential for leaders within Capital One.This Unit Manager role will manage, develop and motivate an internal team of approximately 15 associates and strive to exceed standards of customer service and experience.
- Accountable for achieving business goals for a team of approximately 15 associates within unit.
- Provide continuous feedback and coaching to improve and maintain high quality customer experience, effectiveness and efficiency metrics.
- Prepare and deliver monthly performance reviews for direct reports.
- Manage business level metrics (Audit metrics, Revenue) to high efficiency standards
- Share in the accountability for a business level function team (Logistics, quality, innovation, morale).
- Motivate and develop associates and help them achieve their career aspirations.
- Execute flawless management of projects assigned to unit.
- Ensure timely administrative responsibilities of time cards, spreadsheets, team meetings, etc.
- Define and measure performance metrics (incentives, monthly scorecards, annual appraisal) and clearly communicate to team.
Individual will manage team of approximately 15 associates responsible for supporting our Partners and Customers. Will be required to handle and resolve escalated inquiries from our customers. Likely future state environment will involve the team making outbound calls to customers in an effort to resolve their issues.
Manager is responsible for training, motivating, and coaching direct reports as they process payment investigations, telephone calls, as well as handling special projects as assigned.
- High School Diploma, GED, equivalent certification or military experience
- At least 2 years of experience in People Management
- Bachelor's Degree or Military Experience
- 5 years' experience in People Management
- 2 years' experience in Process Management
At this time, Capital One will not sponsor a new applicant for employment authorization for this position.
Meet Some of Capital One's Employees
Director, Data Science
Zoe leads a team of data scientists and engineers who collaborate with product designers to develop dynamic data pipelines and machine learning algorithms for customer-facing platform functions.
Back to top