Unified Communications Engineer
7900 Westpark Drive (12131), United States of America, Tysons, Virginia
At Capital One, we're building a leading information-based technology company. Still founder-led by Chairman and Chief Executive Officer Richard Fairbank, Capital One is on a mission to help our customers succeed by bringing ingenuity, simplicity, and humanity to banking. We measure our efforts by the success our customers enjoy and the advocacy they exhibit. We are succeeding because they are succeeding.
Guided by our shared values, we thrive in an environment where collaboration and openness are valued. We believe that innovation is powered by perspective and that teamwork and respect for each other lead to superior results. We elevate each other and obsess about doing the right thing. Our associates serve with humility and a deep respect for their responsibility in helping our customers achieve their goals and realize their dreams. Together, we are on a quest to change banking for good.
Unified Communications Engineer
Capital One is seeking a Principal Associate, Unified Communications and Collaboration engineer to play a key role in providing leadership in the development of innovative and long term Unified Communication and Collaboration services for Capital One.
- Provide support for the video conferencing service
- Development of strategies and plans in collaboration with partner teams (and vendors) to reduce incidents and drive higher user satisfaction with the video conference service.
- Design and management of Capital One's Unified Communication and Collaboration services (Zoom, Slack, Skype and Hangouts), including deployment planning, implementation, and support as it relates to those activities. May also provide technical knowledge in re-engineering existing solutions and solve a variety of multi-platform or cross functional problems relating to Unified Communication and Collaboration.
- Can act as the technical or team lead to implement medium sized projects
- Provides, drives and approves designs for projects
- Ability to lead cross functional teams with troubleshooting
- Subject Matter Expert within specific discipline(s) (e.g. Unified Communications, voice and data networking, databases, etc.)
- Provides multiple solutions and work to optimize based on business needs
- Conduct design and implementation reviews to ensure compliance with standards
- Estimate level of effort to meet acceptance criteria
- Maintain records to document system development and evolution
- Share best practices and improve processes within and across sprint teams, and mentor more junior team members
- High School Diploma, GED equivalent Certification
- At least 3 years of Unified Communications Experience
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, or Information Systems
- 3 + years of experience with designing, developing, implementing and supporting the Unified Communication Applications Skype for Business and Zoom
- 3 + years of experience with interfacing Unified Communications applications with traditional telephony systems and video conferencing solutions.
- 3+ years of experience with voice, video, and Unified Communication and collaboration service design, implementation and troubleshooting
- 3+ years of hands on experience of Voice over Internet Protocol (VoIP) concepts
- 3+ years of experience with Windows server and desktop, Macs, IOS, Android, Active Directory, and Powershell.
- 2+ years of managing and leading multiple large and complex projects across the UC platform.
At this time, Capital One will not sponsor a new applicant for employment authorization for this position.
Meet Some of Capital One's Employees
Senior Manager, Software Engineering
Jyotisana manages five teams who simultaneously work on internal and external technology projects in areas from communication to customer service.
Back to top