Recruiting: VA - Richmond, United States of America, Richmond, Virginia
At Capital One, we're building a leading information-based technology company. Still founder-led by Chairman and Chief Executive Officer Richard Fairbank, Capital One is on a mission to help our customers succeed by bringing ingenuity, simplicity, and humanity to banking. We measure our efforts by the success our customers enjoy and the advocacy they exhibit. We are succeeding because they are succeeding.
Guided by our shared values, we thrive in an environment where collaboration and openness are valued. We believe that innovation is powered by perspective and that teamwork and respect for each other lead to superior results. We elevate each other and obsess about doing the right thing. Our associates serve with humility and a deep respect for their responsibility in helping our customers achieve their goals and realize their dreams. Together, we are on a quest to change banking for good.
Are you a talented developer who also has the ability to apply your skills to a user-centered approach? A strong graphic designer portfolio is a great start, but we're looking for much more than that.
Excellent html and CSS knowledge is definitely a good thing, but we care more about your understanding of how to construct designs flexible enough to display across multiple browsers, screen sizes, platforms and devices. Most importantly, we're looking for a developer able to understand how the users will want to instinctively interact with the UI, and provide them with the ability to perform their tasks intuitively.
What You'll Bring:
- A portfolio that highlights strong web experience developing cutting-edge design flows and interaction models for large scale, best in class brands. Your portfolio should show work that spans across a variety of platforms, is responsive and considers scale.
- Solid UX and UI experience in creating wireframes, storyboards, user flows, process flows, customer journey maps and site maps.
- Ability to quickly deliver multiple, inventive ideas that are fresh and simple, while solving complex customer and business needs.
- Ability to work from low fidelity to high fidelity.
- Ability to create prototypes that showcase design concepts and interaction patterns.
- Ability to craft elegant and persuasive presentation and storytelling capabilities that create momentum and buy-in of your work from business stakeholders.
- Ability to research the latest technologies, best practices, and online trends to provide recommendations for the team.
- Proficiency with current design tools (Adobe CC, Sketch, Invision, etc)
- Skilled relationship-builder with strong, high-leverage internal networks
- Comfortable thinking on your feet and working through ambiguity
- Comfortable working in a matrixed, consensus driven organization
- Comfortable influencing across all levels and functions
- Passion and skill in behavioral data and the power of making data informed decisions
- Bachelor's degree or relevant military experience
- At least 2 years of experience within user experience design
- At least 1 year of experience with NodeJS, AngularJS, REACT, Express and PostGresSQL
- At least 2 years of experience with UI frameworks, MVC architecture
- At least 2 years of experience with prototyping tools
- At least 1 years of experience with AWS , Azure and Google Platform
At this time, Capital One will not sponsor a new applicant for employment authorization for this position.
No agencies please. Capital One is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, color, age, national origin, religion, physical and mental disability, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity/assignment, citizenship, pregnancy or maternity, protected veteran status, or any other status prohibited by applicable national, federal, state or local law. Capital One promotes a drug-free workplace. Capital One will consider for employment qualified applicants with a criminal history in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable laws regarding criminal background inquiries, including, to the extent applicable, Article 23-A of the New York Correction Law; San Francisco, California Police Code Article 49, Sections 4901-4920; New York City's Fair Chance Act; Philadelphia's Fair Criminal Records Screening Act; and other applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations regarding criminal background inquiries.
If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation, please contact Capital One Recruiting at 1-800-304-9102 or via email at
Meet Some of Capital One's Employees
Head Of Design
Ryan and his team of designers and developers work at The Shop, a combined technology workshop and retail hub, to create meaningful financial products and services.
Back to top