Treasury Management Product Manager
Recruiting: VA - Richmond, United States of America, Richmond, Virginia
At Capital One, we're building a leading information-based technology company. Still founder-led by Chairman and Chief Executive Officer Richard Fairbank, Capital One is on a mission to help our customers succeed by bringing ingenuity, simplicity, and humanity to banking. We measure our efforts by the success our customers enjoy and the advocacy they exhibit. We are succeeding because they are succeeding.
Guided by our shared values, we thrive in an environment where collaboration and openness are valued. We believe that innovation is powered by perspective and that teamwork and respect for each other lead to superior results. We elevate each other and obsess about doing the right thing. Our associates serve with humility and a deep respect for their responsibility in helping our customers achieve their goals and realize their dreams. Together, we are on a quest to change banking for good.
Treasury Management Product Manager
At Capital One, we believe small businesses are the heart and soul of what drives our communities and economy forward with their passion and dedication to their work and customers. Beyond our customers, they are our family, friends and neighbors. We're maniacally focused on reinventing the way Small Businesses successfully manage their money, engage with their bank, and build meaningful financial lives. It's audacious work at a massive scale.
We are looking for a leader to help deliver on our customer-first strategy to identify and deliver value-centered solutions to customers leveraging treasury management products and services. Working with bankers, product partners, development teams and other partners, success depends on developing a clear vision, relationship building and the ability to develop and test hypotheses.
Specifically, you will have the opportunity to:
- Re-imagine what small business treasury management products and services ought to look like in our digital product environment.
- Ensure that humans involved in sales, implementation and support processes shift time and energy from performing manual tasks to adding customer value through improved customer knowledge and the delivery of advice
- Partner with product and design managers to influence product design and user experience through servicing blueprint and customer journey mapping tools.
- Be the voice of our associates in design, development and implementation of new products and services.
- Partner with product, business, operations and risk leaders to define and implement smart solutions that enable human value (vs. manual solutions).
- Create high value and impactful process solutions that challenge status quo in operations; especially in treasury management product and services.
- Collaborate with operations to implement solutions that span over multiple LOBs and operations within Capital One.
What you bring:
- End-to-end product management experience, balancing customer experience and business goals.
- A history of creating value for customers, associates and shareholders.
- Your own combination of expertise in multiple areas (for example, design, product, operations, risk etc.) that differentiates you from the world.
- Curiosity that drives hypotheses and diligence that measures the results. You know that every great idea is built on possibilities and assumptions and that the journey is about proving them each step of the way.
- You have a consultative approach and are collaborative by nature. You can take in disparate information, find common themes, recommend clear paths forward and iterate
- You passionately challenge the status quo.
- You believe that strong communication skills require more time listening than talking.
- You are not afraid of saying "oops, we need to go back to drawing board."
- Bachelor's Degree or military experience.
- At least 2 years of experience in people leadership and development.
- At least 2 years of experience in digital product development or product operations.
- Master's Degree
- 2+ years of experience in treasury management products and services.
- 5+ years of experience in developing digital products or digital product operations.
- 2+ years of experience in testing hypothesis, low fidelity prototype processes for digital operations.
- 2+ years of experience in using Agile and Lean principles in product or process development.
At this time, Capital One will not sponsor a new applicant for employment authorization for this position.
No agencies please. Capital One is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, color, age, national origin, religion, physical and mental disability, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity/assignment, citizenship, pregnancy or maternity, protected veteran status, or any other status prohibited by applicable national, federal, state or local law. Capital One promotes a drug-free workplace. Capital One will consider for employment qualified applicants with a criminal history in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable laws regarding criminal background inquiries, including, to the extent applicable, Article 23-A of the New York Correction Law; San Francisco, California Police Code Article 49, Sections 4901-4920; New York City's Fair Chance Act; Philadelphia's Fair Criminal Records Screening Act; and other applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations regarding criminal background inquiries.
If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation, please contact Capital One Recruiting at 1-800-304-9102 or via email at
Meet Some of Capital One's Employees
Head Of Design
Ryan and his team of designers and developers work at The Shop, a combined technology workshop and retail hub, to create meaningful financial products and services.
Back to top