Treasury Management Consultant III, Middle Market
Thornall (10011), United States of America, Edison, New Jersey
At Capital One, we're building a leading information-based technology company. Still founder-led by Chairman and Chief Executive Officer Richard Fairbank, Capital One is on a mission to help our customers succeed by bringing ingenuity, simplicity, and humanity to banking. We measure our efforts by the success our customers enjoy and the advocacy they exhibit. We are succeeding because they are succeeding.
Guided by our shared values, we thrive in an environment where collaboration and openness are valued. We believe that innovation is powered by perspective and that teamwork and respect for each other lead to superior results. We elevate each other and obsess about doing the right thing. Our associates serve with humility and a deep respect for their responsibility in helping our customers achieve their goals and realize their dreams. Together, we are on a quest to change banking for good.
Treasury Management Consultant III, Middle Market
This role is focused on generating new to bank and developing existing full-service treasury management relationships with Middle Market clients. He or she is responsible for directly and/or indirectly selling and maintaining depository accounts and the treasury management services applied to those accounts for new and existing Capital One relationships. The Treasury Management Consultant (TMC) partners with internal stakeholders to be the single point of accountability and/or advise on prospects' and clients' deposit, treasury management, risk and other company liquidity needs. The TMC builds a book of business through deposit growth, maintaining and cross-selling existing clients, prospecting for new-to-bank relationships.
The TMC on the Treasury Management Sales team work to identify ways to improve the client experience and enhance Capital One's brand in the marketplace. Seen as a trusted advisor, the TMC works closely with commercial clients to understand their business, optimize Treasury flow and minimize financial and reputational risk. They focus on creating and delivering customized client centric solutions through a consultative approach. Leveraging their network and collaborating across business lines, the TMC influences strategy to meet the needs of clients while using sound judgement in assessing risk. The TMC values and fosters a spirit of teamwork and cooperation across value streams. This position works independently and uses initiative in carrying out assignments; requiring minimal guidance from the sales leader.
- Identifies both internal and external prospects. Develops and maintains relationships with prospects to profitably expand business
- Provides thought leadership within and outside market through, but not limited to, hosting corporate events, attending and speaking at industry conferences, etc.
- Engages with internal marketing in the design of sales collateral and company-sponsored marketing
- Manages portfolio of existing clients with focus on profitable, organic revenue growth and minimizing attrition
- Manages portfolio of new-to-bank clients with focus on revenue growth
- Develops and maintains relationships with clients to maintain and expand existing business.
- Knows business's, organization, expected activity; identifies and communicates operational credit exposures and other risks
- Understands treasury management product risk and ensures Capital One credit policies and other risks (e.g., reputational, legal) are adhered to and mitigated
- Establishes appropriate expectations for onboarding including execution of documentation and ensure ramp of sold services
- Conducts independent and codependent sales calls on companies to generate new, high-quality and profitable Treasury Management and deposit business to achieve or exceed specific YoY growth goals
- Takes a role in market by actively engaging in local industry associations, networking groups and /or community associations
- Identifies working capital efficiency opportunities for a business and deepens relationship accordingly; ensures business awareness of market and industry trends; identifies dissatisfiers and escalates appropriately
- Identifies and refers ancillary business opportunities to appropriate partners
- Designs customer-centric treasury management solutions, and provides consultative expertise on the liquidity management cycle
- Bachelor's degree
- At least 6 years of financial services experience
- At least 5 years of sales experience
- At least 5 years of treasury management experience
- Master's degree
- At least 7 years in-depth to advanced treasury management experience
- In-depth to advanced treasury management product knowledge
- Effective oral and written communication skills
- Certified Treasury Professional designation or equivalent certification
At this time, Capital One will not sponsor a new applicant for employment authorization for this position.
Back to top