Treasury Management Consultant III
5444 Westheimer (31761), United States of America, Houston, Texas
At Capital One, we're building a leading information-based technology company. Still founder-led by Chairman and Chief Executive Officer Richard Fairbank, Capital One is on a mission to help our customers succeed by bringing ingenuity, simplicity, and humanity to banking. We measure our efforts by the success our customers enjoy and the advocacy they exhibit. We are succeeding because they are succeeding.
Guided by our shared values, we thrive in an environment where collaboration and openness are valued. We believe that innovation is powered by perspective and that teamwork and respect for each other lead to superior results. We elevate each other and obsess about doing the right thing. Our associates serve with humility and a deep respect for their responsibility in helping our customers achieve their goals and realize their dreams. Together, we are on a quest to change banking for good.
Treasury Management Consultant III
This position is a senior level for a Treasury Management Consultant (TMC) focused on developing Commercial Middle Market Energy client relationships. The TMC works closely with line partners to develop an assigned market. The TMC will administer existing account services and cross-sell related financial services. This position works independently and will have frequent travel to meet with Relationship Managers and clients.
- Provide input, based upon Market coverage, into the overall goals, objectives, and budgets for Treasury Management.
- Develops and maintains the company's relationships with contacts/customers to maintain and expand business.
- Makes regular calls on potential client companies in order to generate high quality, profitable Treasury Management, and Deposit business to achieve or exceed specific production goals.
- Meets with customers through personal calling efforts, line partner referrals, and other contacts to discuss business needs and recommend comprehensive solutions.
- Maintains up-to-date knowledge of competitor's products and pricing in the market
- Plan the upcoming year's growth through the development of a business plan in alignment with departmental budget and consistent with overall Bank asset/liability management objectives.
- Sells treasury management services to Commercial customers and prospects within a defined territory. Assists other less senior Treasury Management Sales employees in their sales efforts
- Analyzes the cash position/flow and proposes appropriate services. Prepares and present sales proposals.
- Monitors the implementation process including the preparation of required agreements
- Performs timely follow-up concerning newly implemented treasury management services to ensure the customer is satisfied and/or carefully understands the mechanics of the service.
- Actively communicates and coordinates sales strategy with Senior and Executive Management within a defined territory.
- Assist in coordinating the resolution of operational problems reported by customers in a timely manner.
- Responsible for reviewing monthly Account Analysis Statements in a timely manner to ensure newly implemented services are being properly charged.
- Assists Line Partners in understanding treasury management product risk and ensuring Capital One credit policies are applied throughout the sales cycle.
- Receives new product and product enhancement information/ training from Treasury Management's product staff.
- Assists the department manager in developing a sales strategy and in setting sales objectives.
- Maintains an awareness of trends and new developments in the field of treasury management through attendance at trade shows and related seminars
- Maintains CTP certification.
- Maintains and updates the bank's CRM system regarding sales calls, pipelines, closed sales, etc. to enable the generation of monthly activity reports to track sales and revenue growth by market segment.
- Ability to Travel (~25%+)
- Either a Bachelor's Degree or Military Experience
- At least 3 years of Treasury Management sales experience
- A Master's Degree in Business Administration
- Experience within the Energy sector
- At least 5 years of Treasury Management sales experience
- Certified Treasury Professional
At this time, Capital One will not sponsor a new applicant for employment authorization for this position.
Meet Some of Capital One's Employees
Senior Manager, Software Engineering
Jyotisana manages five teams who simultaneously work on internal and external technology projects in areas from communication to customer service.
Back to top