Tradeshow Manager, Sr. Associate
NYC 299 Park Avenue (22957), United States of America, New York, New York
At Capital One, we're building a leading information-based technology company. Still founder-led by Chairman and Chief Executive Officer Richard Fairbank, Capital One is on a mission to help our customers succeed by bringing ingenuity, simplicity, and humanity to banking. We measure our efforts by the success our customers enjoy and the advocacy they exhibit. We are succeeding because they are succeeding.
Guided by our shared values, we thrive in an environment where collaboration and openness are valued. We believe that innovation is powered by perspective and that teamwork and respect for each other lead to superior results. We elevate each other and obsess about doing the right thing. Our associates serve with humility and a deep respect for their responsibility in helping our customers achieve their goals and realize their dreams. Together, we are on a quest to change banking for good.
Tradeshow Manager, Sr. Associate
The ideal candidate for the Commercial Events team is a driven, passionate self-motivator, who encompasses the skillset of strategic thinking within the events space and who possesses the discipline and skill necessary to plan best-in-class industry events / tradeshows. The ideal Tradeshow Manager – Sr. Associate candidate must deliver first-class service for internal and external clients and constantly strive for improvements in process and execution.
- Tradeshow and industry event planning and activation - bring a deep expertise to the table including a rich knowledge of strategies and tactics that support the industry events channel
- Logistical coordination of industry events from contract negotiation to planning to onsite execution and post-event analysis
- Introduce Innovative ideas and industry best practices into existing events that creates documented increased ROI
- Analyze current events and provide strategic recommendations to meet the varying needs of the business
- Use targeting data to research new industry events and capture industry best practices for the team
- Use proven negotiation skills to partner most effectively with agencies and organizations
- Effectively track event ROI using a systematic approach and producing executive-ready post-event analysis
- Negotiate with properties and agencies to ensure highest quality experience
- Use Project management skillset to ensure timelines and communications stay on track
- Work with agencies to provide turnkey solutions for small events
- Excellent written and verbal skills, including the ability to present to leaders at all levels of the organization
- Work across multiple groups including procurement, legal, Accounting and Tax to ensure that all invoices, contracts and creative are properly processed
- Work in a fast paced environment and in a collaborative manner with a cross-functional team of marketing strategy, line of business partners, agencies and manager to meet the needs of the business and to keep all parties up to date on events and their outcomes
- Prioritize work based on business priorities and use detail-oriented approach and strong problem-solving skills to create best-in-class events
- Work in white space and generate ideas that add to the agenda of upping our game in the space of engaging top clients and prospects
- Identify and implement digital trends, innovations and industry best-practices that impact the brand experience
- Bachelor's Degree or military experience
- At least 3 years of industry event / tradeshow execution experience
- At least 2 years' experience managing event / creative agencies
- At least one year of event planning experience for a financial services company
- At least 2 years of Strategic event planning experience (using marketing strategy to create event recommendations for the annual events plan)
- Strong working knowledge of Microsoft office (word, excel, PowerPoint
At this time, Capital One will not sponsor a new applicant for employment authorization for this position.
No agencies please. Capital One is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, color, age, national origin, religion, physical and mental disability, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity/assignment, citizenship, pregnancy or maternity, protected veteran status, or any other status prohibited by applicable national, federal, state or local law. Capital One promotes a drug-free workplace. Capital One will consider for employment qualified applicants with a criminal history in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable laws regarding criminal background inquiries, including, to the extent applicable, Article 23-A of the New York Correction Law; San Francisco, California Police Code Article 49, Sections 4901-4920; New York City's Fair Chance Act; Philadelphia's Fair Criminal Records Screening Act; and other applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations regarding criminal background inquiries.
If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation, please contact Capital One Recruiting at 1-800-304-9102 or via email at
Meet Some of Capital One's Employees
Head Of Design
Ryan and his team of designers and developers work at The Shop, a combined technology workshop and retail hub, to create meaningful financial products and services.
Back to top