Tradeshow Manager, Principal Associate
McLean 1 (19050), United States of America, McLean, Virginia
At Capital One, we're building a leading information-based technology company. Still founder-led by Chairman and Chief Executive Officer Richard Fairbank, Capital One is on a mission to help our customers succeed by bringing ingenuity, simplicity, and humanity to banking. We measure our efforts by the success our customers enjoy and the advocacy they exhibit. We are succeeding because they are succeeding.
Guided by our shared values, we thrive in an environment where collaboration and openness are valued. We believe that innovation is powered by perspective and that teamwork and respect for each other lead to superior results. We elevate each other and obsess about doing the right thing. Our associates serve with humility and a deep respect for their responsibility in helping our customers achieve their goals and realize their dreams. Together, we are on a quest to change banking for good.
Tradeshow Manager, Principal Associate
The ideal candidate for the Commercial Events team is a driven, passionate self-motivator, who encompasses the skillset of strategic thinking within the events space and who possesses the discipline and skill necessary to support and plan best-in-class industry events / tradeshows. The ideal Tradeshow Manager – Principal Associate candidate must deliver first-class service for internal and external clients and constantly strive for improvements in process and execution.
- An industry event expert, this event planner will bring to the table a strategic POV of how well-executed industry events advance business goals – and will execute on that vision
- Using a deep working knowledge of tracking return on investment in the industry event space, this candidate will provide strategic recommendations for the industry events channel through analysis of current events and recommendations for new industry events to meet the varying needs of the business
- Bring consistency to the tradeshow space across a wide variety of industry events, ranging from small tabling events to large booth events through the creation of a Commercial look and feel and through turnkey solutions for small industry events
- Use analytical skills to use data and information to inform recommendations on increase / decrease of current industry sponsorships and new conferences for our stated targets
- Will be responsible for the management and planning of large industry events from concept to negotiation to logistical planning, communication, execution and post-event analysis
- Negotiates with properties and agencies to ensure highest quality experience and best pricing
- Use project management experience as a key skillset to ensuring that the processes and timelines and communications stay on track
- Use excellent written and verbal skills to present to leaders at all levels of the organization
- Coordinate with procurement, legal, Accounting and Tax to ensure that all invoices, contracts and creative are properly processed
- Collaborate with a cross-functional team of marketing strategy, line of business partners, agencies and manager to meet the needs of the business and to keep all parties up to date on events and their outcomes
- Flexible and detail-oriented with strong problem-solving and prioritization skills
- Identify and implement digital trends, innovations and industry best-practices that impact the brand experience
- Bachelor's Degree or military experience
- At least 5 years of industry event / tradeshow execution experience
- At least 3 years of experience managing event / creative agencies
- At least 3 years of event planning experience for a financial services company
- At least 3 years of Strategic event planning experience (using marketing strategy to create event recommendations for the annual events plan)
- Strong working knowledge of Microsoft office (word, excel, PowerPoint)
At this time, Capital One will not sponsor a new applicant for employment authorization for this position.
No agencies please. Capital One is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, color, age, national origin, religion, physical and mental disability, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity/assignment, citizenship, pregnancy or maternity, protected veteran status, or any other status prohibited by applicable national, federal, state or local law. Capital One promotes a drug-free workplace. Capital One will consider for employment qualified applicants with a criminal history in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable laws regarding criminal background inquiries, including, to the extent applicable, Article 23-A of the New York Correction Law; San Francisco, California Police Code Article 49, Sections 4901-4920; New York City's Fair Chance Act; Philadelphia's Fair Criminal Records Screening Act; and other applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations regarding criminal background inquiries.
If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation, please contact Capital One Recruiting at 1-800-304-9102 or via email at
Meet Some of Capital One's Employees
Head Of Design
Ryan and his team of designers and developers work at The Shop, a combined technology workshop and retail hub, to create meaningful financial products and services.
Back to top