Trade Closer, Associate - New York, NY
NYC 299 Park Avenue (22957), United States of America, New York, New York
At Capital One, we're building a leading information-based technology company. Still founder-led by Chairman and Chief Executive Officer Richard Fairbank, Capital One is on a mission to help our customers succeed by bringing ingenuity, simplicity, and humanity to banking. We measure our efforts by the success our customers enjoy and the advocacy they exhibit. We are succeeding because they are succeeding.
Guided by our shared values, we thrive in an environment where collaboration and openness are valued. We believe that innovation is powered by perspective and that teamwork and respect for each other lead to superior results. We elevate each other and obsess about doing the right thing. Our associates serve with humility and a deep respect for their responsibility in helping our customers achieve their goals and realize their dreams. Together, we are on a quest to change banking for good.
Trade Closer, Associate - New York, NY
Commercial Operations (CML Ops) is one of the largest divisions in the Commercial Bank, this teams scope is horizontal across the bank and as such it supports numerous critical processes and transactions. By incubating innovative solutions and embracing technology, this team creates an unforgettable and unparalleled experience for our associates and clients. One of the most impactful groups in the CML Ops team is the Loan Operations team.
The Commercial Loan Operations team (CLO) supports a total loan portfolio of $110BN and provides ongoing support for the life of the loan. The organization focuses on delivering scale and efficiency, nailing operational risk, providing a beautiful client experience and enabling talented associates to excel. The team is currently growing and searching for a Principal Associate - Trade Closer
Job Description & Ideal Candidate:
The Agency Loan Closer will work with the Capital Markets Syndication team and complete the following functions:
- Review various loan documents, internal and external to ensure documentation accurately reflects the intentions of the credit approval
- Responsible for settlement coordination, closing and processing of primary and secondary loan trading in support of the Capital Markets Syndications team
- Review legal documents and advise on funding mechanics and operational requirements as it pertains to internal booking locations, regional and currency policies
- Review internal loan related worksheets (e.g. fund flows) and closing mechanics for accuracy and completeness
- Liaise and coordinate pre-closing requirements with internal and external clients (Underwriter, Relationship Manager, Syndication Desk, Borrowers, Lenders)
- Coordinate internal KYC review and Flood due diligence
- Complete coordination, review, initiate disbursement, prepare wire instructions and book loans and commitments into the loan booking system
- Track and report on loan trade status and documentation through various platforms including: ClearPar, Loantrak, and ACBS
- Follow-up on post-closing exceptions and receipt of original documents
Additional Functions may include:
- Control and manage a portfolio of active credit facilities serving as the Loan Administrative Agent for Commercial Syndicated Loans
- Process loan requests (drawdowns, pay downs, interest payments); interest and exchange rate fixing, manual interest and fee calculations, billing and liquidation
- Work closely with respective business units and other internal partners to align needs and provide support
- Perform manual loan tracking enhancements, cash breaks analysis, reconciliation of interest fees and letters of credit and comprehensive testing of system enhancements
- Serve as a liaison for both borrowers and investors by responding, resolving and expediting inquiries, discrepancies and special requests
- Prepare and submit periodic departmental and team reports and metrics
- Establish and maintain customer satisfaction as the singular priority
- Bachelor's degree or Military Experience
- At least one year of experience with loan syndication and trading support
- Loan administration or servicing experience
- At least one year experience reviewing loan related legal documentation
- At least one year experience with Loan syndication product
At this time, Capital One will not sponsor a new applicant for employment authorization for this position.
Back to top