Technology Risk Advisor - Principal Associate
McLean 1 (19050), United States of America, McLean, Virginia
At Capital One, we're building a leading information-based technology company. Still founder-led by Chairman and Chief Executive Officer Richard Fairbank, Capital One is on a mission to help our customers succeed by bringing ingenuity, simplicity, and humanity to banking. We measure our efforts by the success our customers enjoy and the advocacy they exhibit. We are succeeding because they are succeeding.
Guided by our shared values, we thrive in an environment where collaboration and openness are valued. We believe that innovation is powered by perspective and that teamwork and respect for each other lead to superior results. We elevate each other and obsess about doing the right thing. Our associates serve with humility and a deep respect for their responsibility in helping our customers achieve their goals and realize their dreams. Together, we are on a quest to change banking for good.
Technology Risk Advisor - Principal Associate
As a Technology Risk professional in Capital One's newly formed Enterprise Services (ES) Risk team, you will apply your risk management skills to the company's Technology organization. You will support risk-based engagements across Enterprise Services, Divisional CIO, and Information Security teams to develop and support best-in-class industry risk solutions in a manner that supports innovation and protects our customers, shareholders and associates. You will collaborate with second lines of defense to lead and implement risk and control tools, techniques, and frameworks for the Technology organization, as well as support your lead Technology Risk Advisor (TRA) with risk-based decision making with our first line Divisional CIO teams. Your contributions will drive organizational change through risk identification, measurement, analysis and reporting in order to better manage the company's risk in an open and collaborative environment.
Technology Risk professionals are experienced and progressive individuals that operate within a highly collaborative team environment to deliver value-added risk management services to our Technology savvy business partners. You will have a significant level of exposure across lines of business and have the opportunity to work with technology professionals to create and implement innovative solutions to identify and mitigate potential risks to the Company. Proficiency in risk management programs (ideally Technology risk-driven programs) are key to success in this role. The successful candidate will be a solid risk management professional who understands technology functions and organizations, with strong analytical, planning, strategic thinking, organizational and communication skills.
- Assist Tech Risk Advisory (TRA) leadership in delivering against their strategy and service model
- Serve as interdepartmental advisor, interfacing with technology lines of business and other areas such as Corporate Chief Risk Office and Compliance; collaborate effectively across multiple organizations to achieve objectives
- Support implementing continual program enhancements based on industry standards and best practices related to risk management (especially technology risk) and aligned with Capital One's strategic risk direction
- Gather risk and control data and reporting; perform initial analysis or potentially evaluate data provided by team analysts
- Implement internal risk and control governance processes
- Build successful relationships with line of business risk offices and team members to understand impact of technology risk on critical business processes
- Manage, implement and deliver on a subset of the program deliverables
- Support Risk Control and Self Assessments (RCSAs)
- Understand, document and analyze current state capabilities regarding one or more risk methods. Leverage industry benchmarking to determine best practices and lessons learned regarding components of the risk framework
- Write and revise documents such as policies, standards, procedures, and guidelines. Develop and enhance processes, tools, templates, and job aides. Draft, contribute to, edit, and deliver presentations that aide in the design, development, refinement, and usage of risk methods
- Bachelor's degree or Military Experience
- At least 3 years of Risk Management Experience
- At least 1 year of Project Management experience
- At least 3 years of experience working with internal business clients
- 3 years of Project Management experience
-3 years' experience leading cross functional projects in Risk Management
- CISA, CRISC or other Industry Risk Professional Certification
At this time, Capital One will not sponsor a new applicant for employment authorization for this position
Back to top