Technology Development Program - Carnegie Mellon University
West Creek 7 (12077), United States of America, Richmond, Virginia
At Capital One, we’re building a leading information-based technology company. Still founder-led by Chairman and Chief Executive Officer Richard Fairbank, Capital One is on a mission to help our customers succeed by bringing ingenuity, simplicity, and humanity to banking. We measure our efforts by the success our customers enjoy and the advocacy they exhibit. We are succeeding because they are succeeding.
Guided by our shared values, we thrive in an environment where collaboration and openness are valued. We believe that innovation is powered by perspective and that teamwork and respect for each other lead to superior results. We elevate each other and obsess about doing the right thing. Our associates serve with humility and a deep respect for their responsibility in helping our customers achieve their goals and realize their dreams. Together, we are on a quest to change banking for good.
Technology Development Program – Carnegie Mellon University
Do you want to work for a tech company that writes its own code, develops its own software, and builds its own products? Do you want to experiment and innovate using the latest technologies to engineer breakthrough customer experiences?
Then we want you!
We recruit for three technical roles within our Technology Development Program:
- Chart the digital frontier in one of our Mobile (Native), Web, or API development
- Build out our analytic capabilities using modern data technologies
- Deploy robust data products and services, as well as, enable rich visualization, data exploratory, and machine learning capabilities. Use open source technologies (Hadoop/MapReduce, Spark, Kafka, Pig, Python, NoSQL databases, etc.) and deploy applications in the cloud (AWS, Azure)
As a member of our two-year, Technology Development Program (TDP), you’ll have the freedom to explore different roles, teams and technologies while zeroing-in on the career that’s right for you. Designed as a career accelerator to foster the next generation of leading talent, the Technology Development Program provides the framework to develop world-class technical skills and gain a comprehensive understanding of technology — from application and data development to cyber security and beyond.
Here is what we offer:
- A challenging role where you’ll collaborate with a diverse and passionate team of talented engineers
- Technical mentorship and training through Meet Ups, Conferences, and Tech Talks to build out your skillset on topics such iOS and Android, AWS, Open Source Big Data tools, Security, Voice Driven Applications, and more
- Ongoing professional and personal training through our award-winning Capital One University
- The opportunity to rotate roles and geographies
- Fun social, networking, and volunteer events with peers and executives
- Current student or alumni of Carnegie Mellon University
- Will obtain or have obtained a Bachelor’s degree or higher between December 2015 and August 2017
- In process of obtaining a Bachelors Degree or higher in a technical and/or quantitative discipline, including computer science, computer engineering, information systems, information technology, and mathematics
- Strong analytical, quantitative, problem solving and conceptual skills
- Strong interpersonal, leadership and communication skills
At this time, Capital One will not sponsor a new applicant for employment authorization for this position.
No agencies please. Capital One is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to gender, race, color, age, national origin, religion, disability, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity/assignment, citizenship, pregnancy or maternity, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by applicable national, federal, state or local law Capital One promotes a drug-free workplace. Capital One will consider for employment qualified applicants with a criminal history in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable laws regarding criminal background inquiries, including, to the extent applicable, Article 23-A of the New York Correction Law; San Francisco, California Police Code Article 49, Sections 4901-4920; New York City’s Fair Chance Act; Philadelphia’s Fair Criminal Records Screening Act; and other applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations regarding criminal background inquiries.
If you require an accommodation to apply for a job or to perform a job, please contact Capital One Recruiting at 1-800-304-9102 or
Meet Some of Capital One's Employees
Director, Digital Product Marketing
Mazen is transforming the financial industry, one groundbreaking product at a time. By applying imaginative marketing techniques, Mazen shines the spotlight on Capital One’s most impactful financial technologies.
Back to top