Technical Scrum Master, Manager
West Creek 4 (12074), United States of America, Richmond, Virginia
At Capital One, we're building a leading information-based technology company. Still founder-led by Chairman and Chief Executive Officer Richard Fairbank, Capital One is on a mission to help our customers succeed by bringing ingenuity, simplicity, and humanity to banking. We measure our efforts by the success our customers enjoy and the advocacy they exhibit. We are succeeding because they are succeeding.
Guided by our shared values, we thrive in an environment where collaboration and openness are valued. We believe that innovation is powered by perspective and that teamwork and respect for each other lead to superior results. We elevate each other and obsess about doing the right thing. Our associates serve with humility and a deep respect for their responsibility in helping our customers achieve their goals and realize their dreams. Together, we are on a quest to change banking for good.
Technical Scrum Master, Manager
We're Capital One. Yep, the "What's in your wallet?" people. But we are oh so much more than that. Did you know we're a full-service bank? Checking accounts, savings accounts, and car loans. We could tell you more, but you're going to check out our web site anyway, right?
Here are some of our favorites:
Capital One has a history of disrupting, and we are doing it again. We're experimenting, innovating, and delivering really cool stuff to 65 million customers. We love to be curious, to dream, to ask, "What if?" Oh, and we love to write code.
Your commitment to learn new things is every bit as important to us as what you have already done. Maybe even more so because we don't want to be doing the same thing tomorrow that we're doing today. You accept change, want to grow, and evolve into a better member of the team.
Shared Technology Services is looking for an awesome Agile Scrum Master to support one to three agile teams within the fast-paced and growing technology modernization effort. In this role, you will be coaching teams to help them maximize their potential. You will play a critical role helping build high performing teams, helping the team continuously improve, and removing barriers that slow the team down.
- You enjoy being on cutting edge, high profile projects and are motivated by delivering solutions on an aggressive schedule
- You're not content simply facilitating and regularly look for ways to roll up your sleeves to help the team meet commitments
- You have a knack for spotting and resolving ambiguity
- You care deeply about those around you and like to use your wit to motivate them
- You enjoy learning new things and mentoring more junior team members
- You look first to try to prevent problems, but eagerly dig in to solve them when they arise
- To you, the spirit of the team is just as important as the product it produces
- Creates a culture of continuous improvement within the team.
- Helps the team remove barriers that slow them down to maximize delivery flow.
- Manages team work using the Scrum Agile methodology.
- Implements agile concepts such as backlog creation, grooming, retrospectives, burn ups, burn downs, etc.
- Continuous coaching of the team and stakeholders around the team to realize their highest potential.
- Fosters open communication and transparency through building trust within teams.
- Facilitates or help other team members facilitate Scrum ceremonies.
- Create visibility to what and how the teams are doing.
- Support the Product Owner and Product Manager maintain data in the appropriate Agile toolset to provide transparency to the roadmap and related priorities.
- Management of sprint team data in Version One or Jira.
- Represent the team at the Scrum of Scrums (S2) meeting to report progress
- Proactively help the team identify and resolve impediments. Ability to facilitate impediment resolution in a timely, effective manner .
- Facilitate retrospective meetings at the end of each sprint / project - ensure highest priority retrospective points are followed up on and closed out
- Strong drive to complete when faced with ambiguity and competing priorities
- Be active in an Agile communities (internal and external) to share best practices and lessons learned.
- Manage relationships other component teams necessary for product release in a matrixed and distributed environment
- Bachelor's Degree or Military Experience
- At least 2 years of experience in Project Management
- At least 4 years of experience in Technology Delivery
- At least 2 years of experience as a Scrum Master leading Agile Teams
- At least 1 year of experience with Scaled Agile Framework (SAFe)
- 3+ Years of Agile experience
- Scrum Alliance CSM or CSP certification or PMI's Agile Certified Professional (ACP)
- PMP, Lean, Agile or Six Sigma certification
At this time, Capital One will not sponsor a new applicant for employment authorization for this position.
Meet Some of Capital One's Employees
Head Of Design
Ryan and his team of designers and developers work at The Shop, a combined technology workshop and retail hub, to create meaningful financial products and services.
Back to top