Technical Scrum Master
McLean 1 (19050), United States of America, McLean, Virginia
At Capital One, we're building a leading information-based technology company. Still founder-led by Chairman and Chief Executive Officer Richard Fairbank, Capital One is on a mission to help our customers succeed by bringing ingenuity, simplicity, and humanity to banking. We measure our efforts by the success our customers enjoy and the advocacy they exhibit. We are succeeding because they are succeeding.
Guided by our shared values, we thrive in an environment where collaboration and openness are valued. We believe that innovation is powered by perspective and that teamwork and respect for each other lead to superior results. We elevate each other and obsess about doing the right thing. Our associates serve with humility and a deep respect for their responsibility in helping our customers achieve their goals and realize their dreams. Together, we are on a quest to change banking for good.
Technical Scrum Master
This position is seeking candidates with strong Infrastructure project management, people management and leadership skills. Will be responsible for managing delivery across multiple infrastructure projects - specifically in the network infrastructure area using Agile Methodologies. He/She will interface with Engineering, Operations, Business and third party resources to drive execution of network deliverables on IT projects. Working experience with Agile methodologies and past familiarity with Change management, SDLC, Release management, and project management tools and processes are needed. The candidate will be required to develop detailed plans, facilitate design documentation, submit change and procurement orders, resolve issues, manage risks, maintain project documentation, and facilitate meetings. Past exposure to managing Agile Infrastructure projects is highly desired.
- Serve as a central point of contact across assigned portfolio of network projects/teams
- Ensure supporting Agile processes and ceremonies are in place
- Drive execution towards team's goals while maintaining focus on quality, predictability, velocity and flow
- Lead relentless improvement by facilitating retrospective, foster problem solving
- Identify and manage risks, assumptions, dependencies and escalation
- Deliver project-related communications and status updates
- Maintain project budget and track actuals
- Manage customer relationships and address customer escalations
- Support the Product Owner, especially with respect to grooming and maintaining the product backlog
- Find techniques for effective Product Backlog management
- Collaborate with other teams, represent team in S2 and S3 meetings. Assist the team in PI planning and inspect and adapt sessions. Communicate and track dependencies across other teams.
- Teaching the team to create clear and concise Backlog items
- Coaching the team in self-organization and cross-functionality
- Removing impediments to the team's progress to its sprint commitments
- Facilitating scrum ceremonies including sprint planning, retrospectives, and daily stand-ups
- Enacting change & continuous improvement to increase the productivity of the team and quality of deliverables
- Coaching the team in organizational environments in which scrum is not yet fully adopted and understood
- Ensure team execution and delivery to committed sprint work
- Create forum for communicating vision, goals, and Product Backlog items to the team
- Understanding long-term product planning
- Leading and coaching the organization in its scrum adoption
- Planning scrum implementations within the organization
- Work with other Scrum Masters to increase effectiveness of the application of scrum in the organization
- Compliance with Capital One policies for project delivery
Ideal Candidate Should Have:
- Excellent quantitative, analytical, problem-solving and conceptual skills
- Excellent relationship-building, interpersonal, leadership and communication skills
- Excellent collaboration skills and ability to partner within and beyond one's team
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, collaborative environment
- Ability to work with and influence wide range of stakeholders across roles and levels (business, compliance, Legal, IT, etc.)
- 2+ years of experience in Agile project delivery using Scrum, Kanban or Scrumban
- High School diploma, GED or equivalent certification, or equivalent Military experience
- At least 2 years of experience managing IT projects
- At least 2 years of Scrum Master experience
- At least 2 years' experience working with Agile project management tools, including Version One or JIRA
- Bachelor's Degree
- 2+ years of professional experience leading and facilitating Agile teams on Information Technology Infrastructure projects
- Understanding of networking concepts
- 6+ years of experience managing projects
- 2+ years of experience with Scaled Agile Framework (SAFe)
- Scrum Master certifications - CSM, etc.
- Networking certifications - CCNA, etc.
At this time, Capital One will not sponsor a new applicant for employment authorization for this position.
Meet Some of Capital One's Employees
Head Of Design
Ryan and his team of designers and developers work at The Shop, a combined technology workshop and retail hub, to create meaningful financial products and services.
Back to top