Technical Project Manager
White Collar Factory (95009), United Kingdom, London, London
At Capital One, we're building a leading information-based technology company. Still founder-led by Chairman and Chief Executive Officer Richard Fairbank, Capital One is on a mission to help our customers succeed by bringing ingenuity, simplicity, and humanity to banking. We measure our efforts by the success our customers enjoy and the advocacy they exhibit. We are succeeding because they are succeeding.
Guided by our shared values, we thrive in an environment where collaboration and openness are valued. We believe that innovation is powered by perspective and that teamwork and respect for each other lead to superior results. We elevate each other and obsess about doing the right thing. Our associates serve with humility and a deep respect for their responsibility in helping our customers achieve their goals and realize their dreams. Together, we are on a quest to change banking for good.
Technical Project Manager
We're on a mission to change banking for good. That's a brave statement, but we're not scared to dream big. Not only are we up there amongst the UK's top 10 credit card providers, but we want to lead the digital revolution in financial services. Our Technology function has a complete focus on internally developed software and a Digital business mind-set across the board. Our Technology teams are aligned to "Tribes", within which they work collaboratively, with Product and Design, towards a common purpose.
We are looking for a Technical Project Manager with strong delivery and communication skills, problem solving abilities, and a deep customer affinity to join one of our Tribes.
This role sits within our Technology organisation and is responsible for supporting the delivery of key technical and business capabilities as well as effectively anticipating, managing and communicating both timelines and risks to the wider business.
As a TPM, you will be involved from inception of a new idea, through to in market delivery. You will be accountable for the delivery approach, and strategy, and in turn supporting and driving our teams to deliver to this approach. This will include: ensuring the inputs to engineering are appropriately understood and refined; setting objectives based on data (team data and wider data inputs); managing risks and dependencies to successful conclusions; driving team improvements and influencing resource allocation to ensure teams are set up for success.
We anticipate that you will:
- Manage cross functional initiatives, driving teams to meet programme or product goals.
- Take accountability for the quality of initiatives and team forecasts, ensuring we appropriately sequence work to deliver early and often.
- Provide clear communication and coordination channels between engineering teams and also between engineering and the wider business.
- Facilitate the formation of cohesive, effective, cross-functional delivery teams.
- Partner with our Product and Design teams to aid accurate definition of intent, delivery approach and milestones.
- Be at the centre of information flows to reduce meeting overheads and be the go-to person for leading cross-team initiatives.
- Improve the overall productivity of the engineering organisation, driving improvements to our processes or technology changes and actively seek to remove roadblocks to Product change.
- Be comfortable working within a fast pace, fast changing environment while driving teams to complete goals; have the ability to break abstract goals into accomplishable, measurable work items.
- Experience delivering technology projects in an agile environment
- Excellent analytical skills, providing structured thinking and challenge to problems, transforming them into actionable work for teams, coupled with an unwavering desire to deliver for our customers and business.
- Experience utilising appropriate project management frameworks to deliver in a highly technical environment
- The necessary technical and business understanding and ability to lead cross-functional teams
- A high level of emotional intelligence and excellent communication skills
- A credible track record of improving the productivity of delivery
Capital One is committed to diversity in the workplace.
If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation, please contact Capital One Recruiting at 1-800-304-9102 or via email at RecruitingAccommodation@capitalone.com. All information you provide will be kept confidential and will be used only to the extent required to provide needed reasonable accommodations.
For technical support or questions about Capital One's recruiting process, please send an email to Careers@capitalone.com
Capital One does not provide, endorse nor guarantee and is not liable for third-party products, services, educational tools or other information available through this site.
Capital One Financial is made up of several different entities. Please note that any position posted in Canada is for Capital One Canada, any position posted in the United Kingdom is for Capital One Europe and any position posted in the Philippines is for Capital One Philippines Service Corp. (COPSSC).
Back to top