Technical Programme Manager
Nottingham Trent House (95002), United Kingdom, Nottingham, Nottinghamshire
At Capital One, we're building a leading information-based technology company. Still founder-led by Chairman and Chief Executive Officer Richard Fairbank, Capital One is on a mission to help our customers succeed by bringing ingenuity, simplicity, and humanity to banking. We measure our efforts by the success our customers enjoy and the advocacy they exhibit. We are succeeding because they are succeeding.
Guided by our shared values, we thrive in an environment where collaboration and openness are valued. We believe that innovation is powered by perspective and that teamwork and respect for each other lead to superior results. We elevate each other and obsess about doing the right thing. Our associates serve with humility and a deep respect for their responsibility in helping our customers achieve their goals and realize their dreams. Together, we are on a quest to change banking for good.
Technical Programme Manager
This role sits within our engineering organisation and is responsible for supporting the delivery of key technical and business capabilities as well as effectively anticipating, managing and communicating both timelines and risks to the wider business.
As a Technical Programme Manager, you will be accountable for the delivery approach and strategy for one or more of our engineering teams, and in turn supporting and driving a team to deliver to this approach. This will include: ensuring our business problems are appropriately refined to unlock fast-paced execution; setting objectives based on data (team data and wider data inputs); managing risks and dependencies to successful conclusions; driving team improvements and influencing across diverse teams to ensure delivery is set up for success.
Our Technical Programme Managers bring an understanding of systems, their possibilities and limitations, and use this knowledge to translate technology changes back to our product and business needs.
Capital One thrives on growing great talent and we are looking for candidates who want to make the jump into Technical Programme Management rather the finished article. As a BA, Tech Lead, Project or Delivery manager with a passion for technology, you will be comfortable operating in the following areas or already exhibiting these skills and behaviours.
- Generally, working across one or more teams on technical projects, where the product strategy is defined, but the design and process to deliver a feature or capability is not.
- Bringing cross-functional resources together to tackle complicated business problems.
- Providing a clear communication and coordination channel between software engineering teams and also between engineering and wider business stakeholders.
- Partnering with our Product and Design teams and 3rd parties or partners to aid accurate definition of intent, delivery approach and milestones.
- Being at the centre of information flows to reduce meeting overheads and be the go-to person for leading cross-team initiatives.
- Improve the overall productivity of the software engineering teams, driving improvements to our processes or technology changes and actively seek to remove roadblocks to Product change.
The successful candidate will also exhibit some of the core skills, behaviours and experience we are looking for in our TPMs -
- A proven experience and/or aptitude for delivering technical projects with dedicated software engineering teams.
- Excellent analytical skills, providing structured thinking and challenge to big problems, transforming them into actionable work for teams, coupled with an unwavering desire to deliver for our customers and business.
- Experience in utilising appropriate project management and agile frameworks to deliver in a technical and fast paced environment.
- A high level of emotional intelligence and excellent communication skills.
- An understanding of consumer finance and the challenges this brings to delivering market changing software products.
Capital One is committed to diversity in the workplace.
If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation, please contact Capital One Recruiting at 1-800-304-9102 or via email at RecruitingAccommodation@capitalone.com. All information you provide will be kept confidential and will be used only to the extent required to provide needed reasonable accommodations.
For technical support or questions about Capital One's recruiting process, please send an email to Careers@capitalone.com
Capital One does not provide, endorse nor guarantee and is not liable for third-party products, services, educational tools or other information available through this site.
Capital One Financial is made up of several different entities. Please note that any position posted in Canada is for Capital One Canada, any position posted in the United Kingdom is for Capital One Europe and any position posted in the Philippines is for Capital One Philippines Service Corp. (COPSSC).
Back to top