Technical Product Manager, Technology Scan
201 Third Street (61049), United States of America, San Francisco, California
At Capital One, we're building a leading information-based technology company. Still founder-led by Chairman and Chief Executive Officer Richard Fairbank, Capital One is on a mission to help our customers succeed by bringing ingenuity, simplicity, and humanity to banking. We measure our efforts by the success our customers enjoy and the advocacy they exhibit. We are succeeding because they are succeeding.
Guided by our shared values, we thrive in an environment where collaboration and openness are valued. We believe that innovation is powered by perspective and that teamwork and respect for each other lead to superior results. We elevate each other and obsess about doing the right thing. Our associates serve with humility and a deep respect for their responsibility in helping our customers achieve their goals and realize their dreams. Together, we are on a quest to change banking for good.
Technical Product Manager, Technology Scan
Guided by our shared values, we thrive in an environment where collaboration and openness are valued. We believe that innovation is powered by perspective and that teamwork and respect for each other lead to superior results. We elevate each other and obsess about doing the right thing. Our associates serve with humility and a deep respect for their responsibility in helping our customers achieve their goals and realize their dreams.
On the Technology Scan team, we are building next generation of tools to mitigate repeated interaction with external companies. We use these tools for technology down-streaming process and gain insights into emerging new technologies, propositions, and markets from first movers & venture capital leaders. To keep up with the new trends in technology the team also does POCs to test out an emerging technology for down-streaming process.
We are looking for a Product Manager who will be accountable for leading product strategy, management and optimization of our Automation and Machine Learning (ML) solutions that focus on improving the associate experience by reducing manual labor tasks.
You are expected and needed to be an owner and leader from Day One. The team who will sit within is tasked with and evaluated on using the most progressive technology and processes to achieve the quickest and best outcomes.
As a product manager at Capital One, you will employ a customer-centric approach and lead a cross-discipline (product-tech-business) team through the design, development, and QA aspects of multiple agile automation projects. You will demonstrate success by using quantitative and qualitative measurement methods to direct, evaluate and monitor the progress of product/ project deliveries. As a shared-tech team, we regularly work with other lines of business, so you will be expected to develop healthy relationships with other teams.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Drives automation opportunity identification and assessment within the Shared Services and outsourced organizations
- Owns the use case documentation and is the ultimate responsible party for metric evaluation on a per use case basis.
- Responsible for the define, design, configure, test, deploy and integration of new, modified and/or enhanced automations
- Write requirements, leads and/or participates in the development process, and supports best practices for documenting, and writing reusable and reliable code for all types of automation software and tools.
- Leads and/or participates in testing activities, including integration testing, end-to-end (business process) testing and user acceptance testing
- Leads and/or participates in the problem identification/error resolution process, including tracking, repairing and reporting defects
- Creates, edits, revises and finalizes life cycle deliverables such as requirements specifications, solution design documents, and operating instructions (i.e. SOP)
- Adheres to the product life-cycle's standard release process by gathering and meeting requirements around internal and public regulation.
- Creates, sources creation and/or maintains process, technical, project or other documentation, as may be required, to support development, project management and training
- Coordinates sign-off approvals by business and/or technical staff to certify successful results of milestone deliverable(s) or phase completion, including program development and deployment
- Monitors KPIs around product's test and result phases to identify areas of improvement.
- Supports QA activities as needed
- Comfortable working in a start-up environment, preferably have done this before.
- Self starter
- Selfless team player
- Appreciation of diversity of thought, action and team complexion.
- Relationship builder
- Bachelor's degree or military experience
- At least 3 years of experience in digital product management
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or Engineering
- 3+ years of experience translating business strategy and analysis into consumer facing digital products
- 3+ years of experience in engineering, programming, or quantitative disciplines
- 5+ years of experience managing products from inception to production
At this time, Capital One will not sponsor a new applicant for employment authorization for this position.
Meet Some of Capital One's Employees
Head Of Design
Ryan and his team of designers and developers work at The Shop, a combined technology workshop and retail hub, to create meaningful financial products and services.
Back to top