Technical Product Manager
201 Third Street (61049), United States of America, San Francisco, California
At Capital One, we're building a leading information-based technology company. Still founder-led by Chairman and Chief Executive Officer Richard Fairbank, Capital One is on a mission to help our customers succeed by bringing ingenuity, simplicity, and humanity to banking. We measure our efforts by the success our customers enjoy and the advocacy they exhibit. We are succeeding because they are succeeding.
Guided by our shared values, we thrive in an environment where collaboration and openness are valued. We believe that innovation is powered by perspective and that teamwork and respect for each other lead to superior results. We elevate each other and obsess about doing the right thing. Our associates serve with humility and a deep respect for their responsibility in helping our customers achieve their goals and realize their dreams. Together, we are on a quest to change banking for good.
Technical Product Manager
Capital One is building a next-generation banking experience: one that blows past the industry status quo and delivers a world-class digital experience that resonates with how consumers live their lives. To do that, Capital One needs to expand its suite of services far beyond what normal banks expect of themselves.
We're looking for a Technical Product Manager that has the chops to understand how companies deliver value through new platform distribution models, empathize with developers as their customers, and build a roadmap to solve those needs. You'll span Strategy, Design, Tech, and Marketing to continue to grow the DevExchange API & Data Management platform experience as it evolves in the market.
The DevExchange is an enterprise product and a focal point for Capital One developers that are developing APIs or leveraging them for building Apps. This management platform has grown to include other asset types such as data streams and developer tools, and we look to add even more asset types in the future. This platform is also critical to our external developer strategy and is the primary way the developer community interfaces with Capital One.
To fit in, you have to believe in the power of APIs, be jazzed about delivering amazingly simple experiences that improve people's lives through simple, straightforward digital tools and technology. You have to true everything back to the customer (internal and external developers) ensuring you're both solving a need for them and delivering business value through a technically sound product.
You'll be on point for:
- Leading consumer research and synthesizing it into new product ideas
- Building business cases for new integrations and product concepts
- Defining, building towards, and launching MVPs
- Establishing product testing plans and build roadmaps
- Defining and owning the product backlog for the development teams
- Defining product KPIs and success metrics
- Setting a strategy vision for various platform components and related services to increase usage and deliver business results
What you'll bring:
- A bias toward action and a proven track record of delivering minimum viable products to market at rapid speed
- Excellent communication skills to navigate a matrixed organization, tell compelling stories with ease to senior executives, and inspire teams about things that should exist that don't exist yet
- Ability to proactively identify impediments on the critical path and remove them
- A structured problem-solving approach to help a team work through a wide range of issues
- Intellectual curiosity for emerging technologies and engineering challenges
- Ability to prioritize across different types of value dimensions
- Ability to actively seek out multiple opinions, yet make independent decisions and influence positive outcomes
- Ability to keep the crowd warmed up while the team fixes the broken demo
- Bachelor's degree or military experience
- At least 1 year of working with an Agile delivery methodology
- Degree in Computer Science, Data Science, or Applied Statistics, or equivalent engineering, programming, or quantitative background
- At least 1 year of experience managing cross-functional teams
- At least 3 years of product or program management experience
- At least 1 year of experience managing products from inception to production
- At least 1 year of experience in API management, software development, data technologies or AWS
At this time, Capital One will not sponsor a new applicant for employment authorization for this position.
Back to top