Technical Product Manager
North York (93006), Canada, North York,Toronto, Ontario,
At Capital One, we're building a leading information-based technology company. Still founder-led by Chairman and Chief Executive Officer Richard Fairbank, Capital One is on a mission to help our customers succeed by bringing ingenuity, simplicity, and humanity to banking. We measure our efforts by the success our customers enjoy and the advocacy they exhibit. We are succeeding because they are succeeding.
Guided by our shared values, we thrive in an environment where collaboration and openness are valued. We believe that innovation is powered by perspective and that teamwork and respect for each other lead to superior results. We elevate each other and obsess about doing the right thing. Our associates serve with humility and a deep respect for their responsibility in helping our customers achieve their goals and realize their dreams. Together, we are on a quest to change banking for good.
Technical Product Manager
At Capital One, we think big and do big things. We were the first company to develop and offer mass customization and personalization of credit card products, and we have been innovating relentlessly ever since. Today we are a high-tech company, a scientific laboratory, and a nationally recognized brand all in one that reaches tens of millions of customers. We are a passionate and entrepreneurial team that embraces bold ideas, fosters collaboration and delivers great customer experiences.
We are selectively recruiting for a Product Owner to focus on backend technology to help modernize and improve our core systems.
What will you do?
You will be responsible for the build out of backend data systems that drive our business. You will collaborate with the Product team to define what features will be built and lead a tech team through delivery.
- Responsible for defining scope of development for new product features and on-going feature enhancements including all management of backlog and project management activities.
- Define product vision and OKRs (objective and key results)
- Responsible for writing and prioritizing stories
- Responsible for managing trade-offs as well as definition of acceptance criteria
- Secures regulatory, legal and compliance approvals for new initiatives
- Conducts training in conjunction with Product manager across the business
- Determines Service standards and policies for new product
- Follows and adheres to all governance processes and secures launch approvals.
- Provides assistance to Operations and Technology to ensure client focus
- Proven leader, motivator, and effective decision maker enhanced by creativity and a detailed understanding of digital product management so they can manage the backlog effectively
- Ability to establish and maintain a high level of credibility with Executive Management.
- Bachelors Degree
- At least 2 years of product management experience
- Bachelor's Degree in Marketing or finance or business management
- Masters in Business Administration (MBA)
- 6+ years of experience in Financial Services, technology or operations.
Capital One Canada is an equal opportunity employer committed to fostering a diverse and inclusive work environment. We consider all qualified applicants and will meet the needs of those requiring reasonable accommodations.
If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation, please contact Capital One Recruiting at 1-800-304-9102 or via email at RecruitingAccommodation@capitalone.com. All information you provide will be kept confidential and will be used only to the extent required to provide needed reasonable accommodations.
For technical support or questions about Capital One's recruiting process, please send an email to Careers@capitalone.com
Capital One does not provide, endorse nor guarantee and is not liable for third-party products, services, educational tools or other information available through this site.
Capital One Financial is made up of several different entities. Please note that any position posted in Canada is for Capital One Canada, any position posted in the United Kingdom is for Capital One Europe and any position posted in the Philippines is for Capital One Philippines Service Corp. (COPSSC).
Meet Some of Capital One's Employees
Director, Data Science
Zoe leads a team of data scientists and engineers who collaborate with product designers to develop dynamic data pipelines and machine learning algorithms for customer-facing platform functions.
Back to top