Technical Delivery Lead
West Creek 4 (12074), United States of America, Richmond, Virginia
At Capital One, we're building a leading information-based technology company. Still founder-led by Chairman and Chief Executive Officer Richard Fairbank, Capital One is on a mission to help our customers succeed by bringing ingenuity, simplicity, and humanity to banking. We measure our efforts by the success our customers enjoy and the advocacy they exhibit. We are succeeding because they are succeeding.
Guided by our shared values, we thrive in an environment where collaboration and openness are valued. We believe that innovation is powered by perspective and that teamwork and respect for each other lead to superior results. We elevate each other and obsess about doing the right thing. Our associates serve with humility and a deep respect for their responsibility in helping our customers achieve their goals and realize their dreams. Together, we are on a quest to change banking for good.
Technical Delivery Lead
As a Delivery Lead, you will manage a complex application modernization effort as part of an enterprise wide technology program called Mainframe Modernization and Relocation Strategy (MMARS). The objective of the program is to modernize the Capital One mainframes assets including both internally and externally hosted on to AWS cloud. This is a heavily matrixed program that will work in close partnership with each LOB that owns applications residing or dependent on the mainframe.
This role will be responsible for the governance and delivery of one of the most complex efforts under the MMARS program that is focused on building technical platforms to bring an assortment of services from external vendors to in-house. The role will focus on using the best practices from both Agile and Waterfall to ensure that work is delivered in an iterative manner within the committed timelines. This role will require considerable ease with technical information, attention to detail, ability to manage work through matrix teams across the enterprise, and bring together deliverables across the enterprise into a centrally managed roadmap.
- You enjoy being on cutting edge, high profile technology projects and are motivated by delivering solutions on an aggressive schedule.
- You're not content simply facilitating and regularly look for ways to roll up your sleeves to help the team meet commitments.
- You have a knack for spotting and resolving ambiguity.
- You care deeply about those around you and like to use your wit to motivate them.
- You enjoy learning new things and mentoring more junior team members.
- You look first to try to prevent problems, but eagerly dig in to solve them when they arise.
- To you, the spirit of the team is just as important as the product it produces.
- Own and prioritize the backlog across multiple project teams.
- Comfortably coordinate activities between Directors, Sr. Directors, & VPs (Program Team).
- Hold the program teams accountable for their backlog items and proactively collect updates from them.
- Exhibit strong influencing skills to effectively drive project / program efforts.
- Be able to show continuous acceleration while working through an heavily interdependent team.
- Be comfortable delivering as an individual contributor through a matrixed team.
- Create and manage Action Item and Decision Log for key Train & Program activities.
- Coordinate across Agile teams to deliver on objectives in a timely fashion.
- Demonstrate a proven track record of excellent management, bringing the ability to improve the structure for managing work in a dynamic and complex environment.
- Display a passion for partnering and collaborating across the organization.
- Plan, coordinate and conduct PI Planning sessions. Help create Agile visualizations and metrics (as needed).
- Be comfortable with putting together presentation decks for recurring S3 & S4 meetings and one-off deep dives with executives.
- Foster a motivating culture of openness, collaboration, and continuous improvement.
- Leverage data to measure & monitor progress against commitments.
- Resolve and escalate impediments in quick iterative successions.
- At least 5 years of experience in Technology Delivery software or infrastructure
- At least 2 years of Project Management experience
- At least 3 years of Agile experience
- At least 2 years of experience managing transitioning technology efforts
- At least 2 years of experience identifying Agile and Waterfall processes to create a hybrid project management program
- At least 2 years of experience in Kanban and Scrum
- Scrum Alliance CSM or CSP certification or PMI's Agile Certified Professional (ACP)
- Agile or Professional Coaching certification
- PMP, Lean, Agile or Six Sigma certification
- SAFe certified
At this time, Capital One will not sponsor a new applicant for employment authorization for this position.
Meet Some of Capital One's Employees
Head Of Design
Ryan and his team of designers and developers work at The Shop, a combined technology workshop and retail hub, to create meaningful financial products and services.
Back to top