Tech College Mobile Software Engineer
McLean 1 (19050), United States of America, McLean, Virginia
At Capital One, we're building a leading information-based technology company. Still founder-led by Chairman and Chief Executive Officer Richard Fairbank, Capital One is on a mission to help our customers succeed by bringing ingenuity, simplicity, and humanity to banking. We measure our efforts by the success our customers enjoy and the advocacy they exhibit. We are succeeding because they are succeeding.
Guided by our shared values, we thrive in an environment where collaboration and openness are valued. We believe that innovation is powered by perspective and that teamwork and respect for each other lead to superior results. We elevate each other and obsess about doing the right thing. Our associates serve with humility and a deep respect for their responsibility in helping our customers achieve their goals and realize their dreams. Together, we are on a quest to change banking for good.
Tech College Mobile Software Engineer
Accountable for delivery of a portion of a platform or product. This role is part of building large scale reliable applications that impact the way that Capital One does business. You will participate in detailed technical design, development and implementation of applications using existing and emerging technology platforms including Open Source frameworks and platforms. Working within an Agile environment, you will actively participate in story planning and detailed daily standups, while providing input for architectural design decisions, and developing code to meet story acceptance criteria. You will have the opportunity to continuously develop technical knowledge and skills on multiple platforms, and educate team members on the capabilities and constraints of technologies.
- Understand the AWS cloud and how to automate deployments and infrastructure builds
- Uses Devops techniques to continually deliver software
- Applies quality techniques like unit testing and automated testing to work, writes testable code
- Knows how to use development standards, patterns and languages well
- Deeply understands open source frameworks and application frameworks
- Ability to grasp / master new technologies rapidly as needed to progress varied initiatives
- Designs robust systems with an eye on the long term maintenance and support
- Able to breakdown complex issues and resolve them
- Looks to establish and leverage standards across the team and organization
- Collaborate on software using open source techniques
- Understands complex multi-tier, multi-platform systems
- Helps drive cross team design / development via technical leadership / mentoring
- Provide quality peer reviews to team members
- Able to architect applications and can decide and defend where to build, use open source or a vendor system
- Knowledge of mobile development frameworks on iOS and/or Android
- Experience building responsive sites, solid understanding of how the web interacts with mobile
- Bachelor's Degree or military experience
- At least 3 years of experience in Design individual components and complete systems interaction of multiple systems
- At least 3 years of experience in Software Development Life Cycle requirements
- At least 3 years of experience in systems and application design and development and testing
- Master's Degree
- 5 years of experience in a technical role
- 5 years of experience with application or data design, architecture and
- 5 years of experience leading the full life-cycle of IT development and platform support
- 4 years of experience with relevant software technologies and languages
At this time, Capital One will not sponsor a new applicant for employment authorization for this position.
No agencies please. Capital One is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, color, age, national origin, religion, physical and mental disability, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity/assignment, citizenship, pregnancy or maternity, protected veteran status, or any other status prohibited by applicable national, federal, state or local law. Capital One promotes a drug-free workplace. Capital One will consider for employment qualified applicants with a criminal history in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable laws regarding criminal background inquiries, including, to the extent applicable, Article 23-A of the New York Correction Law; San Francisco, California Police Code Article 49, Sections 4901-4920; New York City's Fair Chance Act; Philadelphia's Fair Criminal Records Screening Act; and other applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations regarding criminal background inquiries.
If you require an accommodation to apply for a job or to perform a job, please contact Capital One Recruiting at 1-800-304-9102 or
Meet Some of Capital One's Employees
Head Of Design
Ryan and his team of designers and developers work at The Shop, a combined technology workshop and retail hub, to create meaningful financial products and services.
Back to top