Systems Specialist I, Ops
Towers Crescent (12066), United States of America, Vienna, Virginia
At Capital One, we're building a leading information-based technology company. Still founder-led by Chairman and Chief Executive Officer Richard Fairbank, Capital One is on a mission to help our customers succeed by bringing ingenuity, simplicity, and humanity to banking. We measure our efforts by the success our customers enjoy and the advocacy they exhibit. We are succeeding because they are succeeding.
Guided by our shared values, we thrive in an environment where collaboration and openness are valued. We believe that innovation is powered by perspective and that teamwork and respect for each other lead to superior results. We elevate each other and obsess about doing the right thing. Our associates serve with humility and a deep respect for their responsibility in helping our customers achieve their goals and realize their dreams. Together, we are on a quest to change banking for good.
Systems Specialist I, Ops
The Delivery Servicing team owns 1st-Line support overseeing administration of Agile work management tools (JIRA / Tech Agility Survey). The System Specialist will identify opportunities, collaboratively define solutions and deploy new processes and automation to simplify/automate daily tasks as a top priority. The team deploys new capabilities for Agile intent tools; handling communication of new capabilities and development of self-serve job aids. Conducts periodic audits to ensure that the users have appropriate access to systems and that the software is properly maintained. Candidate should have shown the ability (professionally or in an academic environment) to learn new software and quickly achieve advanced/expert status with the help of experts on the team and through self-guided training. The candidate should be excited by the opportunity to work in an environment where regular training and upskilling is an expectation and be comfortable learning new skills in SW development, testing and/or analytics. Candidate should enjoy working in a collaborative Agile team setting where team success is valued more than individual success.
- Identify top improvement opportunities and independently drive development of new tools and procedures supporting our internal customers.
- Manage systems access for power users and perform complex system configurations.
- Lead and deliver initiatives that supporting new capability or infrastructure development.
- Identify opportunities for and driving continuous process improvements (process engineering).
- Provide systems expertise and testing for numerous work management tools and applications developed in support of those tools.
- Present to Senior Leadership team as appropriate.
- Continually train & demonstrate new skills around new work methods, software packages and potentially be willing to learn basic code development.
- Provide system support admin activities with a clear focus on using process engineering, automation or self-service channels to design out the need for customers to contact the service desk directly.
- Supporting new capability or infrastructure development
- Bachelor's Degree or military experience
- 1 year experience in an Agile environment
- 1 year experience with eazyBI, Tableau, or dimensional modeling
- 1 year experience in Java development and/or SQL development
- 1 year experience with AWS
At this time, Capital One will not sponsor a new applicant for employment authorization for this position.
Back to top