System Specialist II, Ops
Towers Crescent (12066), United States of America, Vienna, Virginia
At Capital One, we're building a leading information-based technology company. Still founder-led by Chairman and Chief Executive Officer Richard Fairbank, Capital One is on a mission to help our customers succeed by bringing ingenuity, simplicity, and humanity to banking. We measure our efforts by the success our customers enjoy and the advocacy they exhibit. We are succeeding because they are succeeding.
Guided by our shared values, we thrive in an environment where collaboration and openness are valued. We believe that innovation is powered by perspective and that teamwork and respect for each other lead to superior results. We elevate each other and obsess about doing the right thing. Our associates serve with humility and a deep respect for their responsibility in helping our customers achieve their goals and realize their dreams. Together, we are on a quest to change banking for good.
System Specialist II, Ops
As a Capital One Senior Associate, System Specialist II, Ops, you will work on everything from customer-facing web and mobile applications using cutting-edge open source frameworks, to highly-available RESTful services, to back-end Java based systems using the latest in technology in support of Big Data.
- Work with product owners to understand desired application feature capabilities and testing scenarios
- Continuously improve software engineering practices
- Work within and across Agile teams to design, develop, test, implement, and support technical solutions across a full-stack of development tools and technologies
- Lead the craftsmanship, availability, resilience, and scalability of your solutions
- Bring a passion to stay on top of tech trends, experiment with and learn new technologies, participate in internal & external technology communities, and mentor other members of the engineering community
- Support the adoption and use of homegrown and off-the-shelf Continuous Delivery tools intended to streamline development, test, and release practices.
Daily Operational Activities may include:
- Work along the boundary between engineering, QA, and operations to ensure that release processes are meeting the customers' short-term and long-term needs and adhering to associated controls in parallel.
- Devise and operate the processes needed to ensure software builds are fast, automated and reliable where applicable.
- Ensure the customer has a solid understanding of the conditions and practices required to take full advantage of continuous delivery tools.
- Partner with product teams to conduct and /or review feature release planning and participate in the coordination and socialization of events impacting peer product teams and/or direct customers.
- Develop and provide process improvement recommendations based on customer and delivery team interactions to help mature and align RM services.
- Assess, plan and assist the product teams with the design of release packages prior to deployment into the environments.
- Facilitate discussion, triage, resolution and restoration, prioritization, etc. on issues and defects that may result from product changes.
- Support an agile and iterative approach to development, testing, build and release
- Excellent problem-solving, troubleshooting and analytical and skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Must have the ability to work independently with minimal direction and supervision
- Bachelor's Degree or military experience.
- At least 2 years' of experience in Software Development Life Cycle - requirements gathering/reviews; systems and application design; development and testing.
- 3 years' of experience with application and/or data design, architecture and development
- 1 year experience developing and supporting automated build, continuous integration (CI) scripts
- 1 year experience in an automated deployment environment.
- 1 year experience working with application services teams on release/deployment activity
- 1 year experience with build process, repository managers and branching concepts
- 1 year of experience with Agile development methodologies including, Scrum and SAFe best practices
At this time, Capital One will not sponsor a new applicant for employment authorization for this position.
Back to top