Syndications Loan Closer, Melville, NY
Melville 2 (22068), United States of America, Melville, New York
At Capital One, we're building a leading information-based technology company. Still founder-led by Chairman and Chief Executive Officer Richard Fairbank, Capital One is on a mission to help our customers succeed by bringing ingenuity, simplicity, and humanity to banking. We measure our efforts by the success our customers enjoy and the advocacy they exhibit. We are succeeding because they are succeeding.
Guided by our shared values, we thrive in an environment where collaboration and openness are valued. We believe that innovation is powered by perspective and that teamwork and respect for each other lead to superior results. We elevate each other and obsess about doing the right thing. Our associates serve with humility and a deep respect for their responsibility in helping our customers achieve their goals and realize their dreams. Together, we are on a quest to change banking for good.
Syndications Loan Closer, Melville, NY
Commercial Operations (CML Ops) is one of the largest divisions in the Commercial Bank, this teams scope is horizontal across the bank and as such it supports numerous critical processes and transactions. By incubating innovative solutions and embracing technology, this team creates an unforgettable and unparalleled experience for our associates and clients. One of the most impactful groups in the CML Ops team is the Loan Operations team.
The Commercial Loan Operations team (CLO) supports a total loan portfolio of $110BN and provides ongoing support for the life of the loan. The organization focuses on delivering scale and efficiency, nailing operational risk, providing a beautiful client experience and enabling talented associates to excel. The team is currently growing and searching for a Principal Associate - Trade Closer
Job Description & Ideal Candidate:
The Closing Associate drives the closing process for commercial loan products, which include new loans, modifications and extensions. The Associate will be the primary contact and decision maker for all aspects of the deal closing process. This individual's responsibilities will include:
- Review complex loan documents, initiate and drive deal closing calls that include internal and external deal team members and counsel.
- Ensure documentation accurately reflects the intentions of the credit approval
- Facilitates teamwork and continuity
- Solid knowledge required for role and pursues gaining new knowledge when required
- Positively accepts change and engages productively with team and relevant stakeholders
- Ensure transactions are closed in compliance with the Bank's loan policy and any other requirements designated by the credit approval.
- Work with Relationship Manager/Underwriter to understand the transaction and make sure that all relevant documentation is obtained for a timely closing.
- Liaise and coordinate pre-closing requirements with internal and external clients (Underwriter, Relationship Manager, Syndication Desk, Borrowers, Lenders)
- Demonstrates ability to balance required regulatory and policy requirements when making decisions.
- Remain current on all pending and proposed regulatory changes affecting compliance.
- Resolve issues that might impede closing and use judgement to involve the manager and internal counsel when required.
- Complete post-closing steps to ensure that all necessary documentation is received by downstream partners.
- Monitor and clear loan exceptions.
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelor's Degree or Military experience
- At least 2 years of Closing experience
- Ability to complete tasks in consistent and timely manner
- Familiarity with ACBS, Loan IQ or other loan system
- Familiarity with Loan and/or Legal Documentation
- Strong written and oral communication skills and attention to details
- Strong organizational skills
- Strong interpersonal skills and professional demeanor
- Ability to handle frequent changes
- Strong Word, Excel and PowerPoint skills
- Familiarity with Intralinks, SyndTrack or other similar applications
At this time, Capital One will not sponsor a new applicant for employment authorization for this position.
Back to top