Supply Chain Technology Product Owner
West Creek 2 (12072), United States of America, Richmond, Virginia
At Capital One, we're building a leading information-based technology company. Still founder-led by Chairman and Chief Executive Officer Richard Fairbank, Capital One is on a mission to help our customers succeed by bringing ingenuity, simplicity, and humanity to banking. We measure our efforts by the success our customers enjoy and the advocacy they exhibit. We are succeeding because they are succeeding.
Guided by our shared values, we thrive in an environment where collaboration and openness are valued. We believe that innovation is powered by perspective and that teamwork and respect for each other lead to superior results. We elevate each other and obsess about doing the right thing. Our associates serve with humility and a deep respect for their responsibility in helping our customers achieve their goals and realize their dreams. Together, we are on a quest to change banking for good.
Supply Chain Technology Product Owner
Capital One is seeking an associate to contribute to the development of the Enterprise Supplier Management technology platform strategy and associated implementation. This role provides the opportunity to be a product owner of our internal Supply Chain applications, as well as documenting all processes and changes to assist in Supply Chain audits or exams. The individual will partner closely with business process owners, platform experts and corporate IT on development, execution, monitoring, and refinement of the Supply Chain technology program. In addition, this individual will assist the business with troubleshooting production support issues that impact day to day operations.
- Providing thought leadership in the technology platform space for Supply Chain
- Supporting the day to day execution of Supply Chain's Salesforce implementation
- Leading regular check-ins with our business customers gathering requirements for enhancements and initiatives
- Partner closely with a team of Salesforce developers translating requirements from the business and validating that the developed solutions meet the business' needs
- Identifying analytic and strategic technology needs, assisting the developers with requirements for creating solutions, and coordinating their execution
- Management, triage, and resolution facilitation of data and system issues
- Support operations staff with technical questions/needs and drive process improvements through innovation within the systems
- Developing subject matter expertise on operational functions leveraging supported platforms
- Documenting all processes and changes which allow Supply Chain to be fully prepared for any audits or exams
You should have:
- Strong quantitative analytical skills, strong innovation, problem solving and conceptual thinking abilities
- Strong project management skills, ability to influence cross-functionally in a rapidly evolving business environment while managing multiple/concurrent projects
- Strong communication skills
- Collaborative partnership skills for working with various points of contact and teams
- Ability to help influence & guide management to achieve end-state process needs
- Understanding of Agile software development methodology
- Ability to work well in white space (can deliver on loosely defined requests)
- Strong skills in documentation and process flows
- Bachelor's Degree or military experience
- At least 4 years of experience with product ownership of technology applications
- At least 3 years of experience working in an Agile development environment, or 3 years of product owner experience
- Ability to learn various technologies , including Salesforce , and communicating development opportunities
- Proficient in MS Excel
At this time, Capital One will not sponsor a new applicant for employment authorization for this position.
Meet Some of Capital One's Employees
Senior Manager, Software Engineering
Jyotisana manages five teams who simultaneously work on internal and external technology projects in areas from communication to customer service.
Back to top