Sr Systems Integrator
McLean 1 (19050), United States of America, McLean, Virginia
At Capital One, we’re building a leading information-based technology company. Still founder-led by Chairman and Chief Executive Officer Richard Fairbank, Capital One is on a mission to help our customers succeed by bringing ingenuity, simplicity, and humanity to banking. We measure our efforts by the success our customers enjoy and the advocacy they exhibit. We are succeeding because they are succeeding.
Guided by our shared values, we thrive in an environment where collaboration and openness are valued. We believe that innovation is powered by perspective and that teamwork and respect for each other lead to superior results. We elevate each other and obsess about doing the right thing. Our associates serve with humility and a deep respect for their responsibility in helping our customers achieve their goals and realize their dreams. Together, we are on a quest to change banking for good.
Sr Systems Integrator
We seek an engineer to support the needs of Card Tech as we pursue our architectural direction to migrate towards cloud deployments. This individual will join a growing team of professionals to collaborate with multiple teams, participate in the DevOps process and provide production support for the vast portfolio of Card capabilities. This will require the right skills to solve pressing problems, deliver operational support, drive reviews and detailed analysis, develop solutions and provide technical direction.
- Supports complex troubleshooting efforts across various technologies and services of Cloud applications.
- Influence a team of Senior Support engineers to address their technical hurdles and challenges in supporting applications’ AWS cloud release and migrations.
- Partner’s with feature teams to actively understand their development and cloud stack, identify gaps in their implementation, and understand their cloud architecture and infrastructure requirements.
- Translate these requirements to implementation stories and tasks for our support team.
- Recognizes and implements automation opportunities enabling production support activities and self-healing.
- Focus on efficient use of CICD processes and tools for AWS cloud migration with special attention to characteristics like reuse, scalability, resilience and performance of the migration solutions.
- Constantly share best practices and improve processes across other LOBs, Tech Ops and other engineers.
- Bachelor’s Degree or military experience
- At least 2 years of experience in production support, micro-services and distributed architecture applications
- At least 2 years experience in production support doing incident management
- At least 1 year of experience with cloud and dev ops
- Master’s Degree in fields such as Computer Science, Information Systems, and Engineering
- 2+ years of experience with industry patterns, methodologies, and techniques
- Understanding of common network protocols, system admin and application development
- 2+ years of experience doing problem management, capacity, and change management
- Agile Development Methodology experience
- Working experience and implementations using AWS stack(AWS Cloud front, AWS Cloud Watch, OpsWork, Elastic Beanstalk, AWS CodeCommit, AWS Code pipeline) and CICD tools (Jenkins/Bamboo/Travis, Github, Git, Maven, Docker, Chef, Ansible, Vagrant)
- Working experience with application environment monitoring tools
- AWS cloud certifications (AWS certified solutions Architect)
- Developing automation scripts (unix shell scripting, Chef, Groovy etc.)
- Automation design experience
- Strong communication skills and ability to interact with technical teams and business partners
- Work autonomously, be self-motivated and self-driven
- Ability to learn & analyze complex, interconnected business processes / systems
- Ability to manage multiple tasks and projects in a fast-paced, changing environment
- Ability to work in a Scrum, Agile or Kanban environment
At this time, Capital One will not sponsor a new applicant for employment authorization for this position.
No agencies please. Capital One is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to gender, race, color, age, national origin, religion, disability, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity/assignment, citizenship, pregnancy or maternity, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by applicable national, federal, state or local law Capital One promotes a drug-free workplace. Capital One will consider for employment qualified applicants with a criminal history in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable laws regarding criminal background inquiries, including, to the extent applicable, Article 23-A of the New York Correction Law; San Francisco, California Police Code Article 49, Sections 4901-4920; New York City’s Fair Chance Act; Philadelphia’s Fair Criminal Records Screening Act; and other applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations regarding criminal background inquiries.
If you require an accommodation to apply for a job or to perform a job, please contact Capital One Recruiting at 1-800-304-9102 or
Meet Some of Capital One's Employees
Director, Digital Product Marketing
Mazen is transforming the financial industry, one groundbreaking product at a time. By applying imaginative marketing techniques, Mazen shines the spotlight on Capital One’s most impactful financial technologies.
Back to top