Sr. System Integrator, Finance Technology
West Creek 3 (12073), United States of America, Richmond, Virginia
At Capital One, we're building a leading information-based technology company. Still founder-led by Chairman and Chief Executive Officer Richard Fairbank, Capital One is on a mission to help our customers succeed by bringing ingenuity, simplicity, and humanity to banking. We measure our efforts by the success our customers enjoy and the advocacy they exhibit. We are succeeding because they are succeeding.
Guided by our shared values, we thrive in an environment where collaboration and openness are valued. We believe that innovation is powered by perspective and that teamwork and respect for each other lead to superior results. We elevate each other and obsess about doing the right thing. Our associates serve with humility and a deep respect for their responsibility in helping our customers achieve their goals and realize their dreams. Together, we are on a quest to change banking for good.
Sr. System Integrator, Finance Technology
In this System Integration role within the Finance Tech area you will provide a full-spectrum of technology services including configuration of application software, data integration across the environment, scripting, identifyingand implementing application/process improvements and exploring new technology tools in our domain.
- Collaborate in an Agile environment to drive towards process improvements
- Drive innovation and modernization of Financial systems and processes through Cloud integration, DevOps and Automated testing
- Formulate and define system scope and objectives based on user needs and thorough understanding of business problems with varying levels of complexity
- Work with internal business groups on process improvement projects designed to improve business results.
- Gather and analyze information and provide recommendations to address and resolve business issues for a specific business group.
- Monitor/coordinate data processing during critical business days of month-end close.
- Address issues/gaps via production support best practices including root cause analysis and testing
- End-to-end view of the data flow across technology layers, identify and implement opportunities for improvements and efficiency
- Partner with product owners, business partners, and end users to understand and document business processes and concepts
- Solicit, analyze, and negotiate customer requirements under minimal guidance and direction
- Provide technical guidance concerning business implications of application development projects
- Identify and address cross-platform dependencies and impacts
- Identify risks/issues in a timely manner and appropriately mitigate/escalate
- Work both independently and collaboratively to solve problems and deliver high quality results in a fast-paced, unstructured environment
- Identify trends in application issues and develop recommendations for improving application performance
- Experience in design, build and testing of system solutions
- Excellent teamwork and collaboration skills
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Assertiveness and leadership presence
- A forward-leaning, results oriented, positive attitude is required
- 1+ years' experience with Python, Scala or Sqoop
- At least 3 years of experience in either Hyperion Essbase or SQL Server software support
- 5 years of experience in system analysis
- 5 years of experience in IT projects
System Integrator, Systems analysis, Agile, Hyperion Essbase, SQL Server, Financial systems, DevOps, AWS, Automated Testing
- Bachelor's Degree or military experience
- At least 1 year of experience in either Hyperion Essbase or at least 1 year of experience in SQL Server software support
- At least 3 years of experience with Financial Systems
- At least 3 years of experience in system analysis
- At least 2 years of experience in Agile software development
- 1+ years' experience using cloud based hosting solutions (AWS-EC2/ECS/S3)
- AWS Architect certification or AWS Developer Certification
- 1+ years' experience with DevOps and 1+ years' experience with Automated Testing
- 5+ years' experience with Financial Systems
At this time, Capital One will not sponsor a new applicant for employment authorization for this position.
Meet Some of Capital One's Employees
Head Of Design
Ryan and his team of designers and developers work at The Shop, a combined technology workshop and retail hub, to create meaningful financial products and services.
Back to top