Sr. Solutions Architect
McLean 1 (19050), United States of America, McLean, Virginia
At Capital One, we’re building a leading information-based technology company. Still founder-led by Chairman and Chief Executive Officer Richard Fairbank, Capital One is on a mission to help our customers succeed by bringing ingenuity, simplicity, and humanity to banking. We measure our efforts by the success our customers enjoy and the advocacy they exhibit. We are succeeding because they are succeeding.
Guided by our shared values, we thrive in an environment where collaboration and openness are valued. We believe that innovation is powered by perspective and that teamwork and respect for each other lead to superior results. We elevate each other and obsess about doing the right thing. Our associates serve with humility and a deep respect for their responsibility in helping our customers achieve their goals and realize their dreams. Together, we are on a quest to change banking for good.
Sr. Solutions Architect
You will support 1 or more Agile development teams by providing architectural / design support for a variety of new technology innovations. You will focus on evaluating in-house development and integrating internal and vendor-developed systems with broader enterprise services, adhering to Capital One corporate standards and processes. You will document and build consensus around critical architecture decisions and communicate architecture direction with business partners, Lines of Business and leadership. Additionally, you will identify and manage platform strategic direction in coordination with business users’ needs and direction. Ensure delivered solutions are in line with architectural vision.
- Elicit and elaborate key non-functional requirements including availability, performance, recovery and security
- Identify opportunities to reuse enterprise and shared technology services
- Maintain strong and effective working relationships with Platform Tech Leads, Technical Operations, and Risk Management teams
- Perform the duties in accordance with established processes and formal agreements with the business
- Work on assigned projects to deliver the architecture artifacts in alignment with target architectures and relevant standards recommending changes to the latter where appropriate
- Own the technology/infrastructure and documentation of non-functional requirements including: availability, scalability, resiliency, security, etc.
- Drive delivery of technology roadmap related items by various teams, interface with Enterprise, and give presentations on upcoming initiatives
- Establish relationships with various technology partners (IT Operations, Innovation, other delivery partners, Lines of Business etc.)
- Strong communications and organizational skills to insure alignment between technical Product Owners and Lines of Business leads
- Bachelor’s Degree or military experience
- At least 5 years of experience in computer system architecture
- At least 5 years of experience in IT project engineering
- At least 5 years of experience in IT infrastructure solutions design
- At least 2 years of experience in business systems analysis
- At least 2 years of experience in IT project management
- Master’s Degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, and Engineering or military experience
- 1+ years of experience with banking and financial services industry
- 5+ years’ experience in at least one of the following domains: digital, mobile, big data, payments technologies
- 1+ years of experience in an Agile environment or 1 + years of experience in a Kanban environment
Capital One will consider sponsoring a new qualified applicant for employment authorization for this position.
No agencies please. Capital One is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to gender, race, color, age, national origin, religion, disability, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity/assignment, citizenship, pregnancy or maternity, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by applicable national, federal, state or local law Capital One promotes a drug-free workplace. Capital One will consider for employment qualified applicants with a criminal history in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable laws regarding criminal background inquiries, including, to the extent applicable, Article 23-A of the New York Correction Law; San Francisco, California Police Code Article 49, Sections 4901-4920; New York City’s Fair Chance Act; Philadelphia’s Fair Criminal Records Screening Act; and other applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations regarding criminal background inquiries.
If you require an accommodation to apply for a job or to perform a job, please contact Capital One Recruiting at 1-800-304-9102 or
Meet Some of Capital One's Employees
Director, Digital Product Marketing
Mazen is transforming the financial industry, one groundbreaking product at a time. By applying imaginative marketing techniques, Mazen shines the spotlight on Capital One’s most impactful financial technologies.
Back to top