Sr. Software Engineering Manager
McLean 1 (19050), United States of America, McLean, Virginia
At Capital One, we're building a leading information-based technology company. Still founder-led by Chairman and Chief Executive Officer Richard Fairbank, Capital One is on a mission to help our customers succeed by bringing ingenuity, simplicity, and humanity to banking. We measure our efforts by the success our customers enjoy and the advocacy they exhibit. We are succeeding because they are succeeding.
Guided by our shared values, we thrive in an environment where collaboration and openness are valued. We believe that innovation is powered by perspective and that teamwork and respect for each other lead to superior results. We elevate each other and obsess about doing the right thing. Our associates serve with humility and a deep respect for their responsibility in helping our customers achieve their goals and realize their dreams. Together, we are on a quest to change banking for good.
Sr. Software Engineering Manager
As a Capital One Sr. Software Engineering Manager , you'll work on everything from customer-facing web and mobile applications using cutting-edge open source frameworks, to highly-available RESTful services, to back-end Java based systems for Small Business Banking platform. You'll bring solid experience in emerging and traditional technologies such as: AngularJS, REST, JSON, HTML / HTML5, CSS / SCSS, Selenium, Docker, Git / Github & building microservices in the cloud. You will be fully utilizing AWS with services such as S3, EC2, Lambda, Route53, CloudFront, API Gateway, and many more. You will be leading the technical design and development of cross-functional, multi-platform application systems, and will have the opportunity to remain in a hands-on engineering role, while also providing functional and technical leadership and mentoring software engineers on complex and high priority technology projects.
- Lead one or more agile teams with people leadership responsibility and drive tactical delivery
- Work with business partners, architects, and other groups to identify technical and functional needs of systems, and determine priority of needs.
- Continuously improve software engineering practices
- Work within and across Agile teams to design, develop, test, implement, and support technical solutions across a full-stack of development tools and technologies
- Lead the craftsmanship, availability, resilience, and scalability of your solutions
- Bring a passion to stay on top of tech trends, experiment with and learn new technologies, participate in internal and external technology communities, and mentor other members of the engineering community
- Encourage innovation, implementation of cutting-edge technologies, inclusion, outside-of-the-box-thinking, teamwork, self-organization, and diversity
- Ensure adherence to defined development life cycle, good software design practices, and Architecture strategy and intent
- Own the technical design and development of cross-functional, multi-platform application systems.
- Collaborate with performing teams to deliver new capabilities in business applications and/or remediate issues.
- Coordinate coding, testing, implementation and documentation of solutions
Here's what you'll need to be successful:
- You have full stack hands-on expertise: Java, RESTful API, Micro-service & Reactive Architecture
- You have a passion for shipping software in quick iterations
- You are experienced operating in cloud elastic infrastructures such as AWS.
- You have a passion to build a high-performing engineering team
- You thrive well in an environment of innovation, implementation of cutting-edge technologies, teamwork, self-organization, and diversity
- Bachelor's Degree or military experience
- At least 8 years of software development experience
- At least 5 years of experience managing software development projects through complete release cycles and working with cross-functional business and technology teams
- At least 5 years experience in people management
- Masters Degree
- 10+ years software development experience
- 6+ years experience in Agile
At this time, Capital One will not sponsor a new applicant for employment authorization for this position.
Meet Some of Capital One's Employees
Head Of Design
Ryan and his team of designers and developers work at The Shop, a combined technology workshop and retail hub, to create meaningful financial products and services.
Back to top