Sr. Software Engineer - Java/AWS
McLean 2 (19052), United States of America, McLean, Virginia
At Capital One, we're building a leading information-based technology company. Still founder-led by Chairman and Chief Executive Officer Richard Fairbank, Capital One is on a mission to help our customers succeed by bringing ingenuity, simplicity, and humanity to banking. We measure our efforts by the success our customers enjoy and the advocacy they exhibit. We are succeeding because they are succeeding.
Guided by our shared values, we thrive in an environment where collaboration and openness are valued. We believe that innovation is powered by perspective and that teamwork and respect for each other lead to superior results. We elevate each other and obsess about doing the right thing. Our associates serve with humility and a deep respect for their responsibility in helping our customers achieve their goals and realize their dreams. Together, we are on a quest to change banking for good.
Sr. Software Engineer - Java/AWS
As a Capital One Software Engineer, you'll work on Big data, Machine Learning, to customer-facing web and mobile applications using cutting-edge open source frameworks, to highly-available RESTful services, to back-end Java based systems, using the hottest techniques in Big Data. You'll bring solid experience in emerging and traditional technologies such as: Spark, Hadoop, Flink, Snowflake, Machine Learning, Node.js, Java, Python, REST, JSON, XML, NoSQL databases, relational databases, Chef, Maven, and AWS/Cloud Infrastructure to name a few.
- Develop and maintain applications using java technology stack and object oriented methodologies.
- Work with product owners to understand desired application capabilities and testing scenarios
- Continuously improve software engineering practices
- Work within and across Agile teams to design, develop, test, implement, and support technical solutions across a full-stack of development tools and technologies
- Lead the craftsmanship, availability, resilience, and scalability of your solutions
- Bring a passion to stay on top of tech trends, experiment with and learn new technologies, participate in internal & external technology communities, and mentor other members of the engineering community
- Encourage innovation, implementation of cutting-edge technologies, inclusion, outside-of-the-box thinking, teamwork, self-organization, and diversity
- Bachelor's Degree or military experience
- At least 4 years of software development experience with Java
- At least 2 years of experience with Spring Framework
- At least 1 year of experience with Amazon Web Services (AWS)
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or Engineering
- Master's Degree in Computer Science or in an Engineering discipline
- 2+ years of experience in Agile
- 2+ year of experience with AWS
- 1+ year of experience with Kafka
- 1+ year of experience with Spark
- 1+ year of experience with microservices architecture
- Experience with CI/CD pipelines
At this time, Capital One will not sponsor a new applicant for employment authorization for this position.
Meet Some of Capital One's Employees
Senior Manager, Software Engineering
Jyotisana manages five teams who simultaneously work on internal and external technology projects in areas from communication to customer service.
Back to top