Sr. Software Engineer, Java
West Creek 8 (12080), United States of America, Richmond, Virginia
At Capital One, we're building a leading information-based technology company. Still founder-led by Chairman and Chief Executive Officer Richard Fairbank, Capital One is on a mission to help our customers succeed by bringing ingenuity, simplicity, and humanity to banking. We measure our efforts by the success our customers enjoy and the advocacy they exhibit. We are succeeding because they are succeeding.
Guided by our shared values, we thrive in an environment where collaboration and openness are valued. We believe that innovation is powered by perspective and that teamwork and respect for each other lead to superior results. We elevate each other and obsess about doing the right thing. Our associates serve with humility and a deep respect for their responsibility in helping our customers achieve their goals and realize their dreams. Together, we are on a quest to change banking for good.
Sr. Software Engineer, Java
Capital One is actively seeking experienced Senior Software Engineers with expertise in detailed technical design and development of applications using existing and emerging technology platforms. Successful candidates will have hands-on experience of building APIs using Java technologies with responsibility for overall delivery of software components. As a senior engineer, you will own end-to-end delivery of software components from inception to production and provide technical leadership/supervisionto other engineers.
- Owning project/service delivery
- Writing best quality code
- Collaborating with other platforms tech leads to ensure integrated end-to-end design and delivery
- Supporting QA during testing, and owning implementation to production
- Proactive monitoring of applications and services
- Identifying gaps and taking actions to completion
- Actively mentoring junior engineers
- Presenting at communities of practices
- Bachelor's Degree or Military Experience
- At least 5 years of SDLC experience using Python technologies for API development.
- At least 3 years of experience in developing RESTful APIs using Django Frameworkon public cloud
- At least 1 Year experience RDBMS, SQL, No-SQL, RDS, PostgreSQL, MongoDB or DynamoDB
- At least 2 years of experience in Angular JS, Node JS & ExtJS & front-end development.
- 3+ years of experience in Cloud technologies AWS, Azure, OpenStack, Docker, Ansible, Chef or Terraform
- 3+ years of experience in Build and CICD technologies lSVN, GitHub, Maven, Jenkins, Nexus or Sonar
- 3+ years of experience in Quality Assurance technologies ATDD, Selenium, Ruby, Cucumber, JUnit, SoapUI and Postman
- 3+ years of experience in Unix Shell Scripting
- 2+ years of experience with HP Diagnostics, JMeter, Splunk, ELK Stack, CloudWatch or Zabbix
- 2+ years of experience with Agile methodologies Scrum, SAFe, and Kanban
- Certified in Python, Spring or AWS technologies
At this time, Capital One will not sponsor a new applicant for employment authorization for this position.
Back to top