Sr. Software Engineer
7900 Westpark Drive (12131), United States of America, Tysons, Virginia
At Capital One, we're building a leading information-based technology company. Still founder-led by Chairman and Chief Executive Officer Richard Fairbank, Capital One is on a mission to help our customers succeed by bringing ingenuity, simplicity, and humanity to banking. We measure our efforts by the success our customers enjoy and the advocacy they exhibit. We are succeeding because they are succeeding.
Guided by our shared values, we thrive in an environment where collaboration and openness are valued. We believe that innovation is powered by perspective and that teamwork and respect for each other lead to superior results. We elevate each other and obsess about doing the right thing. Our associates serve with humility and a deep respect for their responsibility in helping our customers achieve their goals and realize their dreams. Together, we are on a quest to change banking for good.
Sr. Software Engineer
Capital One (yes, the "what's in your wallet?" company!) is rethinking the way the world approaches banking. We're experimenting, innovating, and delivering breakthrough experiences for 65 million customers. We love to be curious, to dream, and ask "What if?" Oh, and we love to write code, and not to brag, but we're also a great place to work!
As a Capital One Elasticsearch Platform Engineer, you'll lead, develop, and operate Elasticsearch technologies that are critical to protecting Capital One's lines of business and customers.
You will have hands-on experience with enterprise-level Elasticsearch technologies and application integration in the areas such as:
- Deploying and managing large scale Elasticsearch clusters on cloud (AWS) which are highly scalable and reliable including performing Elasticsearch performance and configuration tuning
- Supporting Elasticsearch clusters in production and non-prod environments ensuring high availability and performance
- Elasticsearch Indexing & Lucene queries
- Ingestion Pipelines, Integration APIs, and provide Elasticsearch tuning/optimizing based on application needs
- Designing and developing highly scalable Data Pipelines that incorporate complex transformations and efficient code
- Docker and deploying all aspects of the ElasticStack in containers.
- Monitoring solutions for the ElasticStack Including building and deploying visualizations in Kibana and Grafana
- Experience with Configuration Management and automation technologies preferably AWS
- Familiarity with streaming analytics
- Networking and Network Architecture, Security Group management (AWS cloud)
As an authority in distributed database technologies, you will consult with internal teams. You will also ensure that our security infrastructure and tools are strategically and operationally aligned to support the enforcement of information security policy and standard in both on-premise and cloud environments. You will lead the development and maintenance of Elasticsearch databases and integrated applications to support security operations. Additionally, you will develop, maintain and document process and procedures to ensure operational effectiveness.
- Bachelor's Degree or Military Experience
- At least 3 years' experience in ELK stack technologies
- At least 5 years of experience in distributed databases
- At least 2 years of experience with Splunk
- At least 1 year of experience with AWS or other cloud platforms
Bachelor's Degree in Information Technology or Information Security
10+ years of experience in information security or networking
2+ years of experience scripting
2+ years of experience supporting a Cloud environment
1+ years of experience using Agile Scrum methodologies
AWS Certified Big Data, AWS Certified Solutions Architect, or Elasticsearch Developer Certification
At this time, Capital One will not sponsor a new applicant for employment authorization for this position.
Meet Some of Capital One's Employees
Head Of Design
Ryan and his team of designers and developers work at The Shop, a combined technology workshop and retail hub, to create meaningful financial products and services.
Back to top