Sr. Software Engineer
West Creek 8 (12080), United States of America, Richmond, Virginia
At Capital One, we're building a leading information-based technology company. Still founder-led by Chairman and Chief Executive Officer Richard Fairbank, Capital One is on a mission to help our customers succeed by bringing ingenuity, simplicity, and humanity to banking. We measure our efforts by the success our customers enjoy and the advocacy they exhibit. We are succeeding because they are succeeding.
Guided by our shared values, we thrive in an environment where collaboration and openness are valued. We believe that innovation is powered by perspective and that teamwork and respect for each other lead to superior results. We elevate each other and obsess about doing the right thing. Our associates serve with humility and a deep respect for their responsibility in helping our customers achieve their goals and realize their dreams. Together, we are on a quest to change banking for good.
Sr. Software Engineer
We truly believe the "sky is the limit" when it comes to innovation in order to better serve our customers! All through the day, we think about challenges that our customers face and work out digitally enabled solutions to engage with our customers and take care of their needs. If you have the drive to build amazing digital products that impact the lives of millions daily, we want you! We're looking for driven technologists to work as engineers in our Card Technology group.
- A great communicator; both written and in person.
- A true team player with the ability to work effectively as part of a diverse group of product and tech associates
- Passionate and excited about building/testing/deploying solutions leveraging cutting-edge tech in support of our customers and business
If those things sounds like you, and you can check the box on the qualifications below, let's talk. Send us your information and let's see what you have!
As a Senior Software Engineer, you will develop high quality solutions and contribute to the technology agenda using micro services architecture (spring being the core and just about any open source framework that makes sense), hosted in AWS, Containerization (Docker), Touchless infrastructure using Chef / Ansible / ECS / Kubernetes, Fabric8 based automated testing & performance suite.
- Be an active contributor to capital one technology brand
- Provide mentorship to junior associates focussed on technical skill development
- Own technical design and development of cross-functional, multi-platform application systems
- Collaborating with other platforms tech leads to ensure integrated end-to-end design and delivery
- Work with business partners, architects, and other groups to identify technical and functional needs of system and determine priority of needs
- Proactive monitoring of applications and services
- Perform complex engineering activities for performance tuning and monitoring
- Identifying gaps and taking actions to completion
- Break down problems in the production environment to analyze, understand and resolve
- Understand how evolving technology affects the domain; stays current and leads team through new technologies
- Proven ability to recruit associates with exceptional technical and creative problem solving skills
- Evangelizes Agile and drives continuous improvement in methodology and practices
- Bachelor's Degree in Engineering
- At least 4 years of Java experience
- At least 2 years of experience in Spring framework
- At least 1 year of RESTful API development experience
- At least 2 years of experience mentoring engineers
- 2+ years of experience in Apache Spark or Flink
- 2+ years of experience in java based open source frameworks
- 2 years of experience with Github, Jenkins, and Splunk
- 1+ years of Cloud Technology experience
- 2+ years of experience in database technologies SQL, NoSQL, PostgreSQL, or Cassandra
- 2+ years of experience in automation using Chef or Ansible Configuration Management
- 3+ years of experience in developing RESTful APIs using Spring and Jersey or similar frameworks and deploying on public cloud
- 3+ years of experience in Quality Assurance technologies ATDD, Selenium, Cucumber, JUnit, SoapUI or Postman
At this time, Capital One will not sponsor a new applicant for employment authorization for this position.
Back to top