Sr. Software Engineer, DevOps
McLean 2 (19052), United States of America, McLean, Virginia
At Capital One, we're building a leading information-based technology company. Still founder-led by Chairman and Chief Executive Officer Richard Fairbank, Capital One is on a mission to help our customers succeed by bringing ingenuity, simplicity, and humanity to banking. We measure our efforts by the success our customers enjoy and the advocacy they exhibit. We are succeeding because they are succeeding.
Guided by our shared values, we thrive in an environment where collaboration and openness are valued. We believe that innovation is powered by perspective and that teamwork and respect for each other lead to superior results. We elevate each other and obsess about doing the right thing. Our associates serve with humility and a deep respect for their responsibility in helping our customers achieve their goals and realize their dreams. Together, we are on a quest to change banking for good.
Sr. Software Engineer, DevOps
Do you want to work for a tech company that writes its own code, develops its own software, and builds its own products? We experiment and innovate leveraging the latest technologies, engineer breakthrough customer experiences, and bring simplicity and humanity to banking. We make a difference for 65 million customers. We're changing banking for good. At Capital One, you'll be part of a big group of makers, breakers, doers and disruptors, who love to solve real problems and meet real customer needs. We want you to be curious and ask "what if?" Capital One started as an information strategy company that specialized in credit cards, and we have become one of the most impactful and disruptive players in the industry. We have grown to see ourselves as a technology company in consumer finance, with great opportunities for software engineers who want to build innovative applications to give users smarter ways to save, transact, borrow and invest their money, as we seek to disrupt the industry again.
We are seeking highly creative and intellectually curious Software Engineers, at all levels, who are passionate about cutting-edge distributed computing. As part of a team that's leading the next wave of disruption on a whole new scale, you will play an integral part in advancing Capital One's engineering productivity through the development of a next generation of platform-as-a-service (PaaS). You will live and breathe continuous integration / continuous delivery, infrastructure automation, cloud solutions in AWS, and display a strong understanding of Cloud-as-a-Service varieties: PaaS, IaaS, and SaaS. The ideal candidate will have experience with Kubernetes!
Responsibilities & Expectations:
- Stealthily plan and lead the deployment of the cloud solution in a production environment
- Develop scripts and glue code to integrate multiple software components
Automate the provisioning of environments pulling strings with Puppet, cooking up some recipes with Chef, or through Ansible, and the deployment of those environments using containers, like Docker.
- Design and develop automation workflows, performing unit tests and conducting reviews to make sure your work is rigorously designed, elegantly coded, and effectively tuned for platform performance, and assessing the overall quality of delivered components
- Strong verbal and written communication skills are necessary due to the dynamic nature of collaborations with customers, vendors, and other engineering teams, solving complex business problems together
- Evaluate & build different compute frameworks for all tiers; Implementing scalable system solutions is required
- Continuously improve software engineering practices and lead the craftsmanship, availability, resilience, and scalability of your solutions
- Bring a passion to stay on top of tech trends, experiment with and learn new technologies, participate in internal & external technology communities, and mentor other members of the engineering community
- Encourage innovation, implementation of cutting-edge technologies, inclusion, outside-of-the-box thinking, teamwork, self-organization, and diversity
- We're looking for self-starters, those who can work independently, with and across teams. Establishing smooth running environments is paramount to your success, and happiness
- Bachelor's degree or military experience
- At least 4 years of Python development experience
- At least 4 years experience working with cloud based infrastructure in AWS or Azure or Google Cloud
- At least 3 years of experience building with infrastructure-as-code and configuration management tools like CloudFormation, or Terraform or Chef, or Ansible or Puppet
-At least 2 years of Docker Container experience
-At least 1 year of experience with Kubernetes
- Strong engineering and technology background with the ability to go deep into DevOps technology solutions
- 4+ years experience in Agile practices
- 4+ years of experience with Open source projects and/or contributions
- 3+ years of experience with GO, Ruby, Erlang, or Java
- 3+ years of experience with GitHub, Artifactory, Jenkins, CircleCI and/or Drone
At this time, Capital One will not sponsor a new applicant for employment authorization for this position.
Back to top