Sr. Software Engineer, DevOps
Plano 7 (31067), United States of America, Plano, Texas
At Capital One, we're building a leading information-based technology company. Still founder-led by Chairman and Chief Executive Officer Richard Fairbank, Capital One is on a mission to help our customers succeed by bringing ingenuity, simplicity, and humanity to banking. We measure our efforts by the success our customers enjoy and the advocacy they exhibit. We are succeeding because they are succeeding.
Guided by our shared values, we thrive in an environment where collaboration and openness are valued. We believe that innovation is powered by perspective and that teamwork and respect for each other lead to superior results. We elevate each other and obsess about doing the right thing. Our associates serve with humility and a deep respect for their responsibility in helping our customers achieve their goals and realize their dreams. Together, we are on a quest to change banking for good.
Sr. Software Engineer, DevOps
As a Capital One Software Engineer, you'll work on everything from customer-facing web and mobile applications using cutting-edge open source frameworks, to highly-available RESTful services, to back-end Java based systems using the hottest techniques in Big Data. You'll bring solid experience in emerging and traditional technologies such as: node.js, Java, AngularJS, React, Python, REST, JSON, XML, Ruby, HTML / HTML5, CSS, NoSQL databases, relational databases, Hadoop, Chef, Maven, iOS, Android, and AWS/Cloud Infrastructure to name a few.
What you'll do:
- Work with product owners to understand desired application capabilities and testing scenarios
- Continuously improve software engineering practices
- Work within and across Agile teams to design, develop, test, implement, and support technical solutions across a full-stack of development tools and technologies
- Lead the craftsmanship, availability, resilience, and scalability of your solutions
- Bring a passion to stay on top of tech trends, experiment with and learn new technologies, participate in internal and external technology communities, and mentor other members of the engineering community
- Encourage innovation, implementation of cutting-edge technologies, inclusion, outside-of-the-box thinking, teamwork, self-organization, and diversity
As a DevOps Engineer you will be a forward leaning technical leader among a Team of 5 - 10 engineers. You will drive the DevOps culture throughout the auto lending technology department through creating application and environment automation, creating build pipelines, and creating automation to manage the environments.
At this time, Capital One will not sponsor a new applicant for employment authorization for this position.
- Bachelor's degree or military experience
- At least 1 year of experience in technology delivery in a DevOps / Cloud Engineering environment
- At least 2 years of engineering experience in Unix or Windows environments
- At least 1 year of experience with AWS core technologies (EC2, EBS, S3, VPC, etc.)
- At least 1 year of experience implementing automated environment delivery using Open Source tools such as Chef or Ansible
- At least 1 year of experience implementing automated environment delivery using Cloud Formation Templates
- At least 1 year of developing automation workflows and continuous delivery pipelines using Open Source Tools such as Jenkins
- At least 1 year of experience with Python or similar scripting / automation language
- At least 1 year of experience with networking concepts and networking troubleshooting in the cloud
- At least 1 year of experience in a large-scale, high volume and high availability critical system implementation
- At least 1 year of experience in infrastructure design, implementation and delivery
- At least 1 year of experience working with Agile Development Practices
- At least 1 year of experience with web services architecture.
- At least 1 year experience using the AWS API / CLI for automation
- Master's Degree
- 1+ years as a Certified AWS Architect
- 2+ years of experience with Linux, server automation and scripting
- 1+ years with Terraform
- 1+ years of experience with Container technology using Docker
- 1+ years of experience with an infrastructure test automation tool like ServerSpec or equivalent
- 3+ years of experience with OOP concepts and 3+ years of experience with modern scripting languages and frameworks
- 2+ years of database experience with a relational or NoSQL database (Cassandra)
- 1+ years of experience with monitoring tools such as Splunk, Zabbix, AppDynamics
- 1+ years of experience with tomcat
- 1+ years of experience with apache
No agencies please. Capital One is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, color, age, national origin, religion, physical and mental disability, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity/assignment, citizenship, pregnancy or maternity, protected veteran status, or any other status prohibited by applicable national, federal, state or local law. Capital One promotes a drug-free workplace. Capital One will consider for employment qualified applicants with a criminal history in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable laws regarding criminal background inquiries, including, to the extent applicable, Article 23-A of the New York Correction Law; San Francisco, California Police Code Article 49, Sections 4901-4920; New York City's Fair Chance Act; Philadelphia's Fair Criminal Records Screening Act; and other applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations regarding criminal background inquiries.
If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation, please contact Capital One Recruiting at 1-800-304-9102 or via email at
Meet Some of Capital One's Employees
Head Of Design
Ryan and his team of designers and developers work at The Shop, a combined technology workshop and retail hub, to create meaningful financial products and services.
Back to top