Sr. Software Engineer
West Creek 8 (12080), United States of America, Richmond, Virginia
At Capital One, we're building a leading information-based technology company. Still founder-led by Chairman and Chief Executive Officer Richard Fairbank, Capital One is on a mission to help our customers succeed by bringing ingenuity, simplicity, and humanity to banking. We measure our efforts by the success our customers enjoy and the advocacy they exhibit. We are succeeding because they are succeeding.
Guided by our shared values, we thrive in an environment where collaboration and openness are valued. We believe that innovation is powered by perspective and that teamwork and respect for each other lead to superior results. We elevate each other and obsess about doing the right thing. Our associates serve with humility and a deep respect for their responsibility in helping our customers achieve their goals and realize their dreams. Together, we are on a quest to change banking for good.
Sr. Software Engineer
The Card Case ART is responsible for building and extending the new case management framework, Omnius, which is replacing a legacy Chordiant case management system used widely within Capital One. The framework has been developed on the product jBPM. As a Senior Software Engineer, you will be either working on developing framework or developing extensions of the framework to meet specific business case management use cases such as Fraud, Dispute for Card business. In addition, you will be building user interfaces to Omnius that are built using the Churro framework and will have an opportunity to contribute back to the core capabilities of Omnius.
We are seeking individuals who are experienced Java engineer and wants to learn new technology and apply to solve business problem. Someone passionate about working on agile environment with solid experience in technologies & tools such as: Java, Spring, jBPM, Rest API, node.js, AngularJS, HTML / HTML5, CSS, relational databases, Junit, Unix/Linux, Automation and AWS/Cloud infrastructure.
What you'll do:
- Work with product team to understand case management intent
- Work within and across Case ART Agile teams to design, develop, and test Omnius extensions as well as Churro-based User Interfaces to meet product intent
- Participate in design review, code review
- Create Automation and performance test cases
- Build CI/CD pipelines using Bogie / Jenkins to automate release and deployment process using internal tool - Artemis PAR
- Build and support new Rest API and support existing SOAP APIs in production
- Build and support Micro services
- Support Omnius-based applications in production and ensure operational excellence
- Bachelor's Degree or military experience
- At least 6 years' experience in software development
- At least 5 years' experience in Java
- At least 3 years' experience in Spring
- At least 2 years' REST/web services experience
- At least 1 year experience in AngularJS
- At least 1 year experience in AWS
- At least 3 years' experience in RDBMS
- 8 years' experience in software development
- 2 years' experience with AWS
- 1 year experience with Bogie and/or Artemis PAR
- 1 year experience with jBPM
At this time, Capital One will not sponsor a new applicant for employment authorization for this position.
Back to top