Sr Risk Manager (Small Business Card)
West Creek 8 (12080), United States of America, Richmond, Virginia
At Capital One, we're building a leading information-based technology company. Still founder-led by Chairman and Chief Executive Officer Richard Fairbank, Capital One is on a mission to help our customers succeed by bringing ingenuity, simplicity, and humanity to banking. We measure our efforts by the success our customers enjoy and the advocacy they exhibit. We are succeeding because they are succeeding.
Guided by our shared values, we thrive in an environment where collaboration and openness are valued. We believe that innovation is powered by perspective and that teamwork and respect for each other lead to superior results. We elevate each other and obsess about doing the right thing. Our associates serve with humility and a deep respect for their responsibility in helping our customers achieve their goals and realize their dreams. Together, we are on a quest to change banking for good.
Sr Risk Manager (Small Business Card)
As a Sr. Risk Manager in Small Business Card Risk you will be responsible for working with business partners to identify and consult on potential risks to Capital One. You will be a team leader that inspires and empowers your team through openness and inclusion to broadly think about risk. Sr. Risk Managers at Capital One lead our first line of defense to ensure our Company remains well-managed and profitable.
Sr. Risk Managers at Capital One are highly motivated Risk Management professionals with excellent analytical, organizational, and communication skills. These skills allow the Sr. Risk Manager to gain insights, and act as a change agent to influence their business partners. As Capital One evolves to meet the ever changing technology landscape, so does our Risk Managers. A successful Risk Manager operates from a foundation of knowledge about the Line of Business with whom they are working, laws / regulations and good Risk Management practices. They are forward thinking, quick to adapt, and technologically adept.
Sr. Risk Managers have a high level of exposure across lines of business and have the opportunity to work with Executives to create and implement innovative solutions to appropriately manage risks within the Card business.
- Facilitate exam and audit responses for the line of business
- Consult on Risk to one or more business partners providing advice and guidance as required.
- Effectively challenge our business partners, 2nd (Compliance and ORM) and 3rd lines (Audit).
- Analyze data to proactively identify risks and trends
- Stay current on the changing regulatory environment and understand the impacts to your businesses
- Drives collaboration between the risk, compliance and other business support functions (e.g., legal, privacy).
- Provides oversight and guidance during risk assessments.
- Is a thought leader in providing guidance to businesses and supporting functions in implementing risk management practices.
- Participates in risk forums and contributes to continuous improvement of risk management practices.
- Supporting, partnering and interacting with internal business clients.
- Set direction, manage expectations and lead cross-functional teams
- Bachelor's Degree or Military experience
- At least 5 years experience in Financial Services Compliance or at least 5 years experience in Risk Management
- At least 3 years of experience in People Leadership
- 10 years of Financial Services Compliance Risk Management experience
- 5 years of experience in Analysis
- 5 years Agile or Design Thinking experience
- 5 years of experience in People Management
- Certified Risk Management Assurance (CRMA) or Certified Regulatory Compliance Manager (CRCM)
- Six Sigma or LEAN certifications
At this time, Capital One will not sponsor a new applicant for employment authorization for this position.
Back to top