Sr Risk Manager – Resiliency and Recovery Governance
McLean 1 (19050), United States of America, McLean, Virginia
At Capital One, we're building a leading information-based technology company. Still founder-led by Chairman and Chief Executive Officer Richard Fairbank, Capital One is on a mission to help our customers succeed by bringing ingenuity, simplicity, and humanity to banking. We measure our efforts by the success our customers enjoy and the advocacy they exhibit. We are succeeding because they are succeeding.
Guided by our shared values, we thrive in an environment where collaboration and openness are valued. We believe that innovation is powered by perspective and that teamwork and respect for each other lead to superior results. We elevate each other and obsess about doing the right thing. Our associates serve with humility and a deep respect for their responsibility in helping our customers achieve their goals and realize their dreams. Together, we are on a quest to change banking for good.
Sr Risk Manager – Resiliency and Recovery Governance
Capital One's Resiliency and Recovery team is hiring! The end goal for the Resiliency and Recovery Practice (R&R) is to make Capital One a Technology leader in delivering 'always on' applications that support the best customer experience possible. To this end, the R&R team was established to create and implement a Destination State vision across the enterprise. We are looking for a Sr. Manager who can identify resiliency risk management opportunities, lead cross functional teams to strengthen our posture, and prioritize efforts to achieve our Destination State goals.
As a Sr. Risk Manager in Capital One's R&R team, which is within Capital One's Technology organization, you will apply your analytical, risk management, and process management skills to support development and adoption of the Risk Management Strategy. You will collaborate with your R&R team and partner with stakeholders across the enterprise on initiatives to help drive transformation and change necessary to achieve the Resiliency Risk Management strategic objectives and reduce our technology risk across the organization.
Risk Managers in Technology are highly motivated professionals with excellent organization, problem-solving and communication skills. These individuals are able to develop and implement innovative solutions and processes to identify and mitigate potential data risks to the Company.
- Establish and promote strategic vision and execute tactical operations to implement overarching risk assessment and risk management programs throughout the Technology portfolio
- Identify opportunities and work with business stakeholders and partners to embed risk management practices into our daily operations and business processes across the organization
- Use analytical skills to conduct Risk Process Assessment and Improvement, Data Process Design & Process Excellence
- Perform gap assessments and create recommendations to ensure progress towards organizational adoption of data management transformation
- Work with partners to improve adoption and user experience of data management tools in emerging Cloud platforms and on-premises Data Centers
- Manage end to end risk management – from defining policies and procedures, performing assessments, tracking remediation activities, to closing risk findings
- Bachelor's Degree or Military Experience
- At least 5 years of experience in Data Management Practices and Processes
- At least 3 years of experience in Project Management
- Master's degree
- 5+ years of experience in Technology Risk Management
- 2+ years of Resiliency/Continuity experience
- Six Sigma, Lean or other process related certification
- 2+ years of experience in IT Process Management or Governance
Capital One will consider sponsoring a new qualified applicant for employment authorization for this position.
No agencies please. Capital One is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, color, age, national origin, religion, physical and mental disability, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity/assignment, citizenship, pregnancy or maternity, protected veteran status, or any other status prohibited by applicable national, federal, state or local law. Capital One promotes a drug-free workplace. Capital One will consider for employment qualified applicants with a criminal history in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable laws regarding criminal background inquiries, including, to the extent applicable, Article 23-A of the New York Correction Law; San Francisco, California Police Code Article 49, Sections 4901-4920; New York City's Fair Chance Act; Philadelphia's Fair Criminal Records Screening Act; and other applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations regarding criminal background inquiries.
If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation, please contact Capital One Recruiting at 1-800-304-9102 or via email at
Meet Some of Capital One's Employees
Head Of Design
Ryan and his team of designers and developers work at The Shop, a combined technology workshop and retail hub, to create meaningful financial products and services.
Back to top