Sr. Risk Manager - Commercial’s Business Risk Office
West Creek 5 (12075), United States of America, Richmond, Virginia
At Capital One, we're building a leading information-based technology company. Still founder-led by Chairman and Chief Executive Officer Richard Fairbank, Capital One is on a mission to help our customers succeed by bringing ingenuity, simplicity, and humanity to banking. We measure our efforts by the success our customers enjoy and the advocacy they exhibit. We are succeeding because they are succeeding.
Guided by our shared values, we thrive in an environment where collaboration and openness are valued. We believe that innovation is powered by perspective and that teamwork and respect for each other lead to superior results. We elevate each other and obsess about doing the right thing. Our associates serve with humility and a deep respect for their responsibility in helping our customers achieve their goals and realize their dreams. Together, we are on a quest to change banking for good.
Sr. Risk Manager - Commercial's Business Risk Office
As a Senior Manager in Capital One's Commercial's Business Risk Office, you will apply your leadership and analytical skills to our highest profile Risk Management efforts to ensure Capital One's continued success. You will act as a thought leader to develop and implement cutting-edge solutions for operational, regulatory, fraud, legal and other non-credit risks. Senior Managers in Capital One's Risk Management organization collaborate with Line of Business and second and third line executives and associates to develop and implement well-managed risk practices.
Senior Managers in Risk Management at Capital One are highly motivated Risk Management professionals with excellent organizational, leadership, communication and influence skills. They are experienced in operating in a highly dynamic, fast-paced environment and can balance the needs of multiple stakeholder groups. They have a high level of exposure across lines of business and the opportunity to work with executives to create and implement innovative solutions that mitigate potential risks to the Company. Critical to success, is the ability to think strategically, while maintaining attention to detail. As a Business Risk Officer for Operations, you will provide leadership and coordination between risk partners, outside agencies and internal support groups in prioritizing and implementing risk management efforts. Additional responsibilities include the following:
- Leverage problem solving and integrated thinking skills to develop and focus efforts to manage risk
- Monitor the risk landscape and industry trends to infuse new ideas and approaches into the prioritization and management of business risk at Capital One
- Perform assessments on critical business processes to proactively identify potential risks to the business and work with key stakeholders to develop and drive solutions that remediate risks
- Work with Trade Finance and Loan Operations Partners to ensure processes remain-well managed within an appropriate risk appetite; implement associated controls and risk practices that ensure client satisfaction
- Provide strategic management of critical audit and regulatory needs through deep engagement with LOB and second and third line SMEs
- Use analytical and process management skills to identify opportunities to improve risk management processes across the various lines of defense
- Lead a team of highly motivated Risk Associates
- Bachelor's Degree or Military Experience
- At least 5 years of risk management or financial services industry operations management experience
- Master's Degree
- At least 2 years of experience in a business-facing risk role
- At least 2 years of experience in a strategic or analytical role
- At least 2 years of experience in Loan Operations or Trade Finance functions
- Certified Risk Management Assurance (CRMA) or Certified Regulatory Compliance Manager (CRCM)
- Certification(s) in any of the following areas: Lean Six Sigma, Agile, Business Process or Project Management
At this time, Capital One will not sponsor a new applicant for employment authorization for this position.
Back to top