Sr. Reliability / DevOps Engineer
201 Third Street (61049), United States of America, San Francisco, California
At Capital One, we're building a leading information-based technology company. Still founder-led by Chairman and Chief Executive Officer Richard Fairbank, Capital One is on a mission to help our customers succeed by bringing ingenuity, simplicity, and humanity to banking. We measure our efforts by the success our customers enjoy and the advocacy they exhibit. We are succeeding because they are succeeding.
Guided by our shared values, we thrive in an environment where collaboration and openness are valued. We believe that innovation is powered by perspective and that teamwork and respect for each other lead to superior results. We elevate each other and obsess about doing the right thing. Our associates serve with humility and a deep respect for their responsibility in helping our customers achieve their goals and realize their dreams. Together, we are on a quest to change banking for good.
Sr. Reliability / DevOps Engineer
We are a new team within Capital One, supporting our Program Management efforts with a strong focus on process automation for multiple lines of business. We are a technology-centric organization with a deep appreciation for entrepreneurs. We encourage the use of multiple technology stacks and disciplines to solve problems. As a DevOps Software Engineer you will be challenged with the responsibility of working on cutting-edge solutions in an advanced cloud environment. You will be relied on for guidance and leadership on our overall program as well as our product road map. You will also have the opportunity to collaborate with passionate professionals in the DevOps and developer community within Capital One. Your strong expertise in AWS and other cloud platforms, along with excellent communication skills, and a passion for documentation will be key to our team's success.
You will work with product owners to understand desired application/service capabilities and testing scenarios and continuously improve software engineering practices. You should be comfortable working in a near-start-up environment, preferably having done this before. As a self-starter, you should be comfortable working in a selfless team environment. Have an appreciation for diversity of thought, action and team complexion. We genuinely care about our team's success and have built an environment that nurtures career growth, flexibility in tools, and product ownership.
What we need:
• We're seeking talented senior DevOps engineers to help automate thousands of unique use-cases involving integrating multiple systems talking to each other, data transformation and storage, and decision-based escalation.
• This is a senior role focused on automating the provisioning of environments: cooking up some recipes with Chef or Ansible, configuring Kubernetes Make
scripts, setting up subnets, and deploying Docker containers.
• Successful candidates will be strong with system-level integration experience shipping high-profile, user-facing and enterprise products. Setting up environments
for high-performance interactivity, scalability & high availability.
• You are insatiably curious - you ask why, you explore, and are not be afraid to share your ideas.
• You are Passionate. Persistent. Creative. You find clever ways around problems, or just plow through them.
• You are a strong team player with a positive attitude.
• Last but not least, you love learning new technologies-we're always evolving!
What you'll do:
• Design and implement appropriate environments for backend applications and services, engineer suitable release management procedures and
provide production support.
• Develop and enable continuous integration/continuous deployment (CI/CD) for automation system components.
• Own partnership with cross-functional technology and design teams to ensure consistent, beneficial client interaction and solution delivery.
• Work within a team of like-minded professionals to plan, deploy, and maintain critical business applications prod/non-prod AWS/GCP environments
• Enforce security best practices that are compliant with various data classifications.
• Influence other teams and broader Engineering groups in adopting cloud technologies, processes, and best practices.
• Work with DevOps leaders in other groups to define and align on standard operating procedures and best practices
• Drive the deployment process to both internal-facing and external-facing cloud environments.
• Drive improvements to processes and design enhancements to automation to continuously improve the production environment.
- Bachelors' Degree or Military Experience
- At least 5 years experience in Software Engineering, Platform Engineering, Middleware or Database Technology
- At least 2 years experience with the full SDLC
- At least 2 years of experience with AWS.
- At least 3 years of experience in technology delivery in a DevOps and Cloud Engineering environment.
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science
- Certified AWS Architect.
- Experience with Open Source tools such as Chef and Jenkins.
- Solid background in high availability critical system implementation.
- Production Support experience in Unix/Windows environments.
- Experience with Linux server automation and scripting technologies (Python, Bash)
- Experience in infrastructure design, implementation and delivery.
- Experience with log monitoring tools such as Splunk or Elk.
- Strong knowledge of Container technology using Docker & Kubernetes
- Experience working with Agile Development Practices.
This is a senior level position located in San Francisco. It is permanent and full-time, beginning as soon as we find the right person.
At this time, Capital One will not sponsor a new applicant for employment authorization for this position.
Meet Some of Capital One's Employees
Head Of Design
Ryan and his team of designers and developers work at The Shop, a combined technology workshop and retail hub, to create meaningful financial products and services.
Back to top