Sr. Quantitative Analyst - Audit Model Risk
McLean 1 (19050), United States of America, McLean, Virginia
At Capital One, we're building a leading information-based technology company. Still founder-led by Chairman and Chief Executive Officer Richard Fairbank, Capital One is on a mission to help our customers succeed by bringing ingenuity, simplicity, and humanity to banking. We measure our efforts by the success our customers enjoy and the advocacy they exhibit. We are succeeding because they are succeeding.
Guided by our shared values, we thrive in an environment where collaboration and openness are valued. We believe that innovation is powered by perspective and that teamwork and respect for each other lead to superior results. We elevate each other and obsess about doing the right thing. Our associates serve with humility and a deep respect for their responsibility in helping our customers achieve their goals and realize their dreams. Together, we are on a quest to change banking for good.
Sr. Quantitative Analyst - Audit Model Risk
Corporate Audit Services (CAS), the Internal Audit function within Capital One, is a dedicated group of audit professionals focused on delivering top quality assurance services to the organization's Audit Committee. The CAS department is considered one of the leading internal audit functions within the financial services industry and is highly regarded within Capital One. As part of Capital One's Model Audit team, you will have a unique vantage point to review models and model risk practices across the enterprise and the opportunity to connect the dots to raise the appropriate model risk issues and provide assurance to the Audit Committee.
In this position, the Sr. Quantitative Analyst, Audit Model Risk, will:
- Perform internal audit work related to financial and statistical models and provide input to all audits involving financial and statistical models across all audit groups, as well as support audits addressing overall model governance and model validation.
- Maintain all organizational and professional ethical standards, and work independently under general supervision
- Leverage available data and analytical tools during the planning, fieldwork, and reporting phases of audit delivery
- Establish and maintain good client relations during engagements. Communicate or assist in communicating the results of some audit projects to management via written reports and oral presentations.
Here's what we're looking for in an ideal teammate:
- You believe insight and objectivity are core elements to providing assurance on the effectiveness and efficiency of Capital One's governance, risk management, and internal control processes.
- You adapt to change, embrace bold ideas, and are intellectually curious. You like to ask questions, test assumptions, and challenge conventional thinking.
- You develop influential relationships based upon shared risk objectives and trust to deliver outstanding business impact and elevate Audit's value proposition.
- You're a firm believer that a rich understanding of data, innovation, and technical knowledge will only make you a better Auditor. This will require leveraging the power of data analytics and furthering your technical know-how, so you'll want to ensure that technology doesn't scare you off.
- You're a teacher. You have a passion for coaching and investing in the betterment of your team.
- Lastly, you create energy and an environment that make it easy to attract, hire, and retain top talent.
As one of the "100 Best Companies to Work For," you can look forward to coming to work every day with a team of people that are committed to excellence and doing the right thing.
- Master's Degree
- At least 1 year of experience in developing or validating statistical or econometric models
- Certified Internal Auditor (CIA), Certified Public Accountant (CPA), Certified Financial Analyst (CFA), Certified Regulator Compliance Manager (CRCM), or Financial Risk Manager (FRM)
- 2+ years of experience in developing or validating statistical or econometric models
- 1 year of experience in risk scoring
- 1 year of experience in forecasting models
- 1 year of experience working with Basel and CCAR regulatory requirements
- 1 year of experience in data analytics
- 1 year of experience in Machine Learning or AI concepts
Capital One will consider sponsoring a new qualified applicant for employment authorization for this position.
Meet Some of Capital One's Employees
JyotisanaSenior Manager, Software Engineering
Jyotisana manages five teams who simultaneously work on internal and external technology projects in areas from communication to customer service.
Back to top