Sr. Quantitative Analyst
McLean 1 (19050), United States of America, McLean, Virginia
At Capital One, we're building a leading information-based technology company. Still founder-led by Chairman and Chief Executive Officer Richard Fairbank, Capital One is on a mission to help our customers succeed by bringing ingenuity, simplicity, and humanity to banking. We measure our efforts by the success our customers enjoy and the advocacy they exhibit. We are succeeding because they are succeeding.
Guided by our shared values, we thrive in an environment where collaboration and openness are valued. We believe that innovation is powered by perspective and that teamwork and respect for each other lead to superior results. We elevate each other and obsess about doing the right thing. Our associates serve with humility and a deep respect for their responsibility in helping our customers achieve their goals and realize their dreams. Together, we are on a quest to change banking for good.
Sr. Quantitative Analyst
Capital One is seeking a motivated professional to join the Model Development & Engineering team as a Senior Analyst. This team is part of the Balance Sheet Analytics & Modeling (BSAM) group and owns the model implementation of the Net Interest Income & Sensitivity, Valuation, and Funds Transfer Pricing modeling/forecasting capabilities in the company's risk management platforms. We are looking for someone who can closely collaborate with peers to understand various financial modeling use cases and processes, and design and release innovative solutions in a controlled manner. This associate will play a role in ongoing transformation of models and processes, fulfilling the team's desire to become an industry leader in operational efficiency.
- Remain on the leading edge of analytical technology with a passion for the newest and most innovative tools.
- Leverage the latest open source technologies and tools to develop/maintain financial models by identifying areas of opportunity in our existing framework.
- Develop cloud-compatible automation and process improvements solutions for core processes across the team.
- Integrate new technologies and analysis into decision-making frameworks.
- Problem Solve
- Learn to design, test and implement changes in various models and systems based on external business requirements and internal modeling needs.
- Collaborate with the quantitative modeling team on new modeling developments.
- Prepare presentations of complex economic concepts and research results to non-specialist audience and senior management.
- Support the development of a well-controlled framework to manage modeling for interest rate risk management and financial forecasting.
- Partner with the quantitative modeling team on new modeling developments, and develop a good understanding of business needs, strategy and products.
- Partner closely with the IT team to develop automated solutions for our processes.
- Maintain the efficiency and accuracy of our model implementations through continuous improvement and application of best practices.
- Develop and maintain high quality and transparent documentation.
- Master's degree in Financial Engineering, Statistics, Operations Research, Economics, Mathematics, Engineering, Business, Finance, Computer Science or Physics
- At least 1 year of experience with financial models or data analysis
- At least 1 year of experience with Python or R
- Experience working BI reporting tools (i.e. Tableau and Birst)
- Experience working with Agile development methodologies
- 2 years of experience in querying, analyzing, and working with data
- 2 years of experience with scripting experience such as Python and R and familiarity with libraries such as pandas and numpy
- 1+ year of C++ programming experience
- 2 years of experience in asset/liability management (ALM) and/or financial planning and analysis (FP&A)
- 2 years of experience in statistical modeling and regression analytics
- Exhibits drive to continuously improve all aspects of their work in a collaborative fashion.
- Strong communication skills with the ability to quickly understand existing models and new requirements/business needs.
- Strong grasp of Interest Rate Risk and Transfer Pricing financial theory and methodologies.
- CFA/FRM designation, or working towards the certification.
Capital One will consider sponsoring a new qualified applicant for employment authorization for this position.
Back to top