Sr. Quantitative Analyst
Atrium (35004), United States of America, Rolling Meadows, Illinois
At Capital One, we're building a leading information-based technology company. Still founder-led by Chairman and Chief Executive Officer Richard Fairbank, Capital One is on a mission to help our customers succeed by bringing ingenuity, simplicity, and humanity to banking. We measure our efforts by the success our customers enjoy and the advocacy they exhibit. We are succeeding because they are succeeding.
Guided by our shared values, we thrive in an environment where collaboration and openness are valued. We believe that innovation is powered by perspective and that teamwork and respect for each other lead to superior results. We elevate each other and obsess about doing the right thing. Our associates serve with humility and a deep respect for their responsibility in helping our customers achieve their goals and realize their dreams. Together, we are on a quest to change banking for good.
Sr. Quantitative Analyst
As a Sr Quantitative Analyst within the Model Risk Office, you will validate loss forecasting and stress testing models used to measure risk and calculate capital requirements. You will primarily focus on credit risk models across commercial and retail portfolios, but over time will gain exposure to diverse modeling techniques and various asset classes. Validations cover all aspects of model development and performance and include forward-looking advancements in model sophistication and quality. You will enhance your technical and analytical skills, while also working with business leaders to understand and influence business strategies. With a network of over 200 quantitative analysts, data scientists and statisticians, we've created a dynamic environment with ample opportunities for learning and growth.
• Develop and implement validation strategies for statistical and other quantitative models used in loss forecasting, stress testing, and capital calculations
• Assess the quality and risk of model methodologies, outputs, and processes
• Develop alternative model approaches to assess model design and advance future capabilities
• Understand relevant business processes and portfolios associated with model use
• Understand technical issues in econometric and statistical modeling and apply these skills toward assessing model risks and opportunities
• Communicate clearly and concisely both verbally and through written communication via model validation reports and presentations
- Master's Degree in Statistics, Economics, Finance, Financial Engineering, Operational Research, Physics or Mathematics
- At least 1 year of experience in statistical modeling
- 2+ years of experience in developing financial forecasting models in the industry or relevant academic studies
- 1+ years of experience in Python, R or other open source languages
- 1+ years of experience working with regulatory requirements (e.g. CCAR/DFAST)
- Strong written and executive level communication skills
- Adaptive to fast-changing modeling techniques and analytical tools
Capital One will consider sponsoring a new qualified applicant for employment authorization for this position.
Meet Some of Capital One's Employees
JyotisanaSenior Manager, Software Engineering
Jyotisana manages five teams who simultaneously work on internal and external technology projects in areas from communication to customer service.
Back to top